Some solidworks fun

you going to bust out excel and compute the cam specs and timing to get the proper flow simulation?

I doubt I’ll be able to get accurate enough (especially internally) to get any meaningful #s out of flow simulations. This is more to be a physical representation of parts so I can then build the manifold and other accessories without having the motor or the car present.

The loft did work a lot better than the sweep, it definitely gave me better control over the shape and curve of the runners. Now I’m having an issue trying to get them hollow. For some reason even if I do a hollow profile it makes the loft closed. Shelling it wont work either

Are they a constant or variable radius runner? Constant = revolved cut, variable = build cut into the loft.

I built it into the loft but when I click OK it changes from the hollow preview to the closed loft. :dunno

mike if you haven’t figured it out yet, create the exact geometry/extrusions you are using for the runners into a separate new part and then email me the file. I’ll open it here and see what’s going on with it, correct, and email back to you.

looking to make something like this? I’d like to test it on a FI k-series :ninja don’t mind the dirt - it came off a rally car in Lithuania or some shit :rofl

This shit is really cool.

6spd,
did you assemble for pics only? what about the other 3 mounting holes

if you need any components or systems modeled lmk