Some Watkins Glen Video/Photos

Ok, so not drifting related but…

Had an absolutely fantastic 2 day event with Niagara PCA Monday and Tuesday. Huge thanks to the guys over there for putting on the event.

The video is from black run group, Tuesday, final session, final 2 laps. The car is a Nissan 350z (Track Edition) with koni double adjustables, 350evo sways, Pilot Sport Cups (265’s on all 4 corners), stock VLSD, headers, exhaust, clutch, tune. Unfortunately the front bumper cover and undertray suffered some damage at the last event cough airborne at shannonville, which I damaged further pulling it into my trailer so I had to run without it which caused some undesirable understeer.

I realize from watching this after the fact that I was probably a bit tight on my entry to 5 after the bus stop, and that I can get on the throttle significantly earlier there. I also think I’m loosing a good bit of time due to a slightly tight line in 6 as well. Lap times on those two laps were 2:15.4

More photos from Rutch:

Video:
http://ts.vimeo.com.s3.amazonaws.com/292/006/29200644_200.jpg
350z Onboard - Vimeo

No interest in traditional track days? Interesting…

Just saw this. Very awesome… I’d love to run on one of the major tracks in the US, (the Glen, Laguna Seca, Buttonwillow, Willow Springs, etc)… Good driving too.

From what I’ve seen though, prices tend to be quite a bit higher for lapping days in the US, no? (I’m sure it’s track dependent, but I’m just speaking in general terms)

Oh yeah, and passing a Porsche in the braking zone=fucking win.

Pyro, I typically only do two day events. It’s not worth the fuel costs for me to do single day events. That being said usually you can get a two day event at Watkins Glen with a decent group for around $300 USD. (that includes instruction if you need it).

That’s not bad. I noticed a lot of the guys have been saying that they’re typically 2 day events, so I suppose $150/day is pretty much on par… (Looking at a scooby, so I’ve been spending time on NASIOC) If I was to make the trip for any one of them, I’d be in the same boat, the gas and trip aren’t worth it for a single day.

that sounds pretty sweet to me

On par to what, shannonville? Seriously Pete lol that is a wicked price if you compare to what it costs to lap Mosport for a single day.

haha sick

I’m talking on par with other major tracks in the US, and prices people have been quoting on other forums.