someone to do a timing chain and water pump.

i have no idea where to put this. so i’ll put it here.

want to hire someone to do a timing chain and water pump on my best friend’s 94 altima for a reasonable price. i already have the parts. the chain is rattling on the guides, and the water pump is severely leaking.

help a sister out.

thanks.

Elma Auto 716.771.3300

PM turboCiv. he did my civic and did a great job

carnut did work on my car… quite a nice job.

I would recommend carnut as well, but he might have stopped doing side work.

PM him though cuz that could have changed. He does good work and is straight up.

+1 For Elma auto

Maybe I should say “not looking for a shop that will charge me labor based on what alldata says. Need reasonable price.”

I’d first look at the upper chain guide, just underneath the valve cover, these sometime break and rattle around, and a very easy fix. Probably don’t need to replace the timing chain, just the tensioner.

Ok well. I don’t know how to do that. Sooo. That leaves us back at the beginning.

Will she pay in sexual favors. But really text me. And we can talk

Well, if you want to walk into the a shop and tell them a timing chain is used up and to pull the crank pulley, timing cover, install a new chain, re-do cam timing, install a new tensioner, and pay for the labor associated with it be my guest.

But don’t come on here trying to save a buck when I am suggesting inspecting / changing two very accessible parts that are held in with two bolts.

Hi. I DON’T KNOW HOW TO DO THAT. NOR DO I KNOW WHAT ID BE INSPECTING.

Dude, she is a female. She doesn’t do things logically.

LOL.

i remember my buddy doing something with this in his gf’s car. apparently the tensioner goes bad pretty often in these? might be that and not the chain.

im swamped, but if you cant find someone and need a shop, talk to dan at amton auto on delaware just north of the 290. good honest shop there and he wont try to sell you a bunch of shit that it doesnt need.

How am I not doing things logically? Im asking for help. Im not asking for someone to tell me what I need to do to fix it myself. Its rattling pretty bad, that’s all I know. Even if its the tensioner my friend needs to hire someone to do the work. And I still need the waterpump replaced. So does anyone wanna do some side work or what?

i think their point was that you said the timing chain needs replaced and you had a new one, but you dont know for sure if thats whats wrong. i wasnt agreeing with them, just thought it was funny.

i would do it but im way too busy at work.

+2

Bill at Elma will take care of you. Call and ask what he would charge…what do you have to lose?

Elma quoted $600. I talked to some girl.

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

Told me they charge based on alldata.

Honestly, $600 doesn’t sound too bad. Is said girl like super poor or just really cheap?

She drives a 94 altima…

And $600 is almost $100 an hour. That’s not including parts. So that’s super unreasonable to me. This isn’t a discussion on what is and isn’t. This is a want to hire thread. So if you don’t want to help, kindly don’t reply in this thread. I’m getting pissed off. Im not going to change just a tensioner on a car w 170k on it and then have a guide catch the chain and throe off the timing and blow the motor. That’s pretty fucking logical to me. Fucking christ.