Someone to perform a smoke leak test...

Just as the title states, I’m looking to find someone who has access to a smoke leak detector. It’s for my 2000 Chevy Prizm. I fixed my P0446 code with a new VSV but I still have the P0441 and need to check to see if I have any leaks before I go out and spend $400 on a new charcoal canister.

If anyone can help me out here I’d really appreciated it.

Thanks guys,

Chris

innovative.

If it ends up being your canister, Rockauto.com has AC Delco canisters for your car for $250.

Use coupon code 47667673940417 for 5% off - Anyone can use that code for anything on their site. . .

Cant you just remove the canister, cap the ports and vaccum test the canister?

Bump.

I need a smoke test performed on my engine.

Ill have to check with work and see if i can nab ours for a night. Ill get back to you when i find out.

What are you smoking vaceak or emissions

Innovative

Chris,
We have a smoke machine at the shop, the service for testing an evap system typically runs 30-45 min @ 95per hour. Hit me up and I can schedule you a slot for next week if you like.

^^Shifty bumped this thread that Chris originally created.

Lol, yeah fuck the Prizm, I haven’t driven that thing in months.

Bump, only because I should have probably taken care of this pile back over summer.

Can you not shut it off long enough for inspection? I always did that in the winter time and never had a problem getting it inspected.

Idk, probably. I’m waiting for Joe (Nitroinsane) to get his shop set up so I can drop this thing off.

You’ll definitely be in good hands then.