Something to think about next time you stuck on the Peace Bridge

http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/new_york/DiNapoli-DOT-slow-to-act-on-bridges

:tup:

I like DiNapoli. He actually has the balls to call out other parts of state government on sucking.

Not surprising that a state that is broke doesn’t have the money to maintain it’s roads/bridges.

then what are the tolls paying for?

This state is so wasteful in spending, this is no surprise.

Was Spitzers Whores, now its pattersons brail copies of all the reports.

:bigclap:

Weren’t they JUST talking about a new bridge (again) recently? Lol, they can’t even keep this one up to par.

America’s infrastructure is dilapidated everywhere you look. What else would you expect, especially from a bridge that has been in heavy use since the late 1920’s? We need a new bridge. /thread

NYC

Fuck NYC.

We can fix america just by nyc and california falling in the fucking ocean never to be seen again.

They both need to get thier ATLANTIS on

eh… cali has a lot of industry, and is a big part of trade…
nyc is kind of just there… using our money… them bitches

i like how if you are a commercial driver, and get pulled over by the DOT, you are FORCED to make the fixes to your truck/trailor, and if you can’t then they tow your shit away. But the State gets a pass… of course :cjerk:

yes, no trade or industry has or will ever originate from New York City.

between NYC and all the people who get their “mailbox money” on the first of the month we could have bridges made of Tungsten designed by LAFENGAS and they would be able to fly.

That’s not what i was saying.
Most major companies are located out west, that’s what i was getting at. California has a lot more harbors than NYC, and im sure there are more imports/exports coming in/out of california than NYC, correct me if im wrong.

I was more-so comparing the two. Like… obviously we have a “corn” industry here in buffalo, however Iowa’s is a lot larger than ours. So Yes, i would say buffalo pretty much has no corn industry compared to buffalo (even though there obviously is one).

But thanks for your sarcastic contribution to the thread FGGT :cjerk:

Do you guys know that the rest of NYS is a net beneficiary of the taxes and economy of NYC? The WNY tax base does NOT support downstate. OK, just checking.

Wait wut the peace bridge goes from NYC to Cali?
Wat?
Is the Peace Bridge paid for with local money? I guess I assumed since it is an international bridge the Feds fund [a large part of] it.
IIRC it is the most used passage to and from Canada.