spark plug question: how do they come off!!!

so i got an sr20det and there are 2 screws holding each plug down, i take off the screws and the cover, but i cant pull the thing out, do i have to twist counterclockwise or someone? or just force it out? iam embarassed to even ask. thanks

the coilpack?? you just wiggle it out there is no unscrewing it.
the plug itsself has to be unscrewed.

You need a very long socket. There are ones made the specific length for spark plugs, I don’t know what the length is.

there is only 1 screw a 10mm holding each coil pack.

oh lord an sr and no idea how to change the plugs… i smell trouble

hehe i never even really had to think about how to do this. It was just that obvious.

mine has 2 screws and the coilpack is stuck, just like the screw on my oil pan was, i didnt want to force anything in case it would break, hence i had to ask u guys, otherwise i do know how to change plugs

sorry the coilpack thing alright its expencive and looks hard i understand butttt you had to ask us what to do cause you couldent un-screw your oil pan plug?

no i didnt say that, i was just saying how it was really tight, my car has been sitting on some guys driveway for the last year, he hasnt touched it, so i asked about the coilpack just to make sure that i didnt need to go superman on it like i did the oil pan plug

1. take the cover for the coil packs off it as straight long thing on the valve cover, it says intercooled turbo on it, 6 screws.
  2. open the coil packs start fromt he front last coil pack near the firewall pull the plug out so u can take it out easier. each coil pack has a 10mm screw, open it and just pull the coils out. easy. if there stuck pull em a little, if there really stuck for some weird reason, you can always take the valve cover off. but i wouldnt recommend that for you sinse you really seem confused.

alright thanks

don’t take this the wrong way, but if you can’t figure out how to remove the spark plugs, should you really be doing it in the first place?

Its not very expensive to have someone do it for you.

im pritty sure u can ask some one on the site to help you, better than taking it to a shop and getting charged a hour of labour. which u will when u bring ur own parts, cuz shop not gonna make money from the parts either.

2 screws? i wonder if hes taking his injectors out haha