Wow... umm sparkplug help.

Yeah so my dad needed me to change the sparkplugs on his truck…

Blah blah its a 5.7L vortec v8, GMC Savana 2500hd.

Okay on the 4th plug… I was losening it and it was being a complete bitch. So I torqued on it harder and all of a sudden SNAP the spark plug broke.

I was like oh whatever its not like i need the ceramic anyway… Then I look closer and see that the nut part of the sparkplug is in the wrench.

So essentially, I have the threaded end of the sparkplug left, and its flush with the engine block…

Anyone have any ideas on how to get this bastard out? I need a way that will still allow me to have alot of torque because its friggen in there.

good luck …

god bless ya. Moral of the story, don’t crank on spark plugs. take the head off and carefully drill it out?

ughhh good luck

I was gunna say this too bud I didn’t want to take you the hard route just yet…Im hoping sum 1 is gunna post sum knowledge up

sweet now its a vortec v-7

Yeah I’m kinda beginning to think I’m in a bit deeper than I hoped.

I really don’t know If I can tap the fucker out because its still in really tight and… its ceramic with a metal electrode running through it.

And there really wasn’t any other way, I needed to get the sparkplug out and it wasn’t rusted so PB blaster was no help. Nor was silicon spray.

Someone forgot the anti seize last time…

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071013134543AA0OmFL
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4ADBF_enUS246US253&q=how+to+remove+snapped+spark+plugs

lol that sucks

Oh boy that’s no good. Good luck to you.

There was plenty of anti-sieze on the ones I pulled… But the plugs are 70k miles old.

The un-welcomed guest to the engine block:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v607/alexsobo/HPIM1857.jpg

+Karma. You need it.

happened to me on a GMC Sierra 4.3 liter. I was able to drill it out and clean the threads and it was good to go. you will however need a neat little sucky hose to suck as much crap out of the cylinder. then you can crank it over without a plug in to remove as much more debris as will come out. While i drilled i had a vacuum there sucking while i drilled also.

haha, then you can use the vaccuum for your own personal pleasure after :slight_smile: or when you get frustrated.

I vote take the cylinder head off and sex up the vaccuum while you drill it out

wow you just suck with cars don’t you?, after rewiring all the stereo, replacing the oil pan gasket (with a real gasket this time) aiming the headlights up so they don’t point directly into the ground, fixing the “performance” - aka stock exhaust with a hole in it, recharging the WAY past due air filter, using the correct oil filter, unsiezing a caliper, and taking whatever additive you put into the oil to hide the smoke out and actually fixing the problem turned out to be a pretty nice audi i got from you… karma sucks

yea no rust there just lots of cracked brown paint…

shit ididnt know gm made their van with a V8

you’re fucked lol

70k miles without new plugs? I wouldn’t even have taken the job.