spark plugs

im going to go buy some spark plugs, what should i get? i was thinking just buy some ACdelco ones or something, im not really looking for “performacne” ones or anything, just the best for the money.

a/c

autolites

just change them every 3-5k miles

i got the acdelco plugs. hopfully this will fix the misfire problem.

Originally posted by 97GrandAMLD9
im not really looking for “performacne” ones or anything,
:smiley:

Originally posted by SleeperGTP
:smiley:
:confused:

Bosch Platinum 2’s…or 4’s…

I am running the 2’s…

Originally posted by JettaGT383

I am running the 2’s…

i hear some engines don’t like them…

i ran bosch platinums in my old Saturn… i didn’t feel a difference from cheap plugs…

ac delco

Originally posted by slowcamaro
ac delco

if only they made cheap wires for my car…

damned japanese engine with its fifty dollar wires…

wires for my saturn cost less than a bucket of chicken at KFC…

I’d run ac delco in gm cars, autolites in fords, nipen denso in toyotas and hondas, and bisch in vws and porsche

yea i picked up some ac delcos. thanks everyone

Originally posted by JettaGT383

I am running the 2’s…

jeep and chrystler hate those plugs i wouldnt put those in anything besides a VW

I run cheap ass Champion plugs in my Jeep. (it likes them) But I run NGK in all the Jap engines I’ve ownd. (dirt bikes, jet skis, etc) The honda just got a set of NGK Iridiums. I had problems with the ignition cutting out under boost. the VERY small iridium electrode can fire under high cylinder pressures. But they were $7 each.

Oh… Platnum plugs don’t realy give you any perfomance advatige. the resaon they were made was because platunum is much harder than nickle (std. plug) and they lasted longer for OEM aplications. (but iridium lasts even longer)

NGK V-Powers seem to work well for me

I just get the cheapest plug I can find. Even on my super duper high performance SHO I couldn’t tell the difference between platinum, copper, or anything else. Why waste the money.

i got denso’s in the svt