Speaker Replacement

Okay, so I’m replacing the speakers and I’m having a hard time trying to get something in there to loosen the screws. It’s a S13 F/B by the way. I have a set of stubbies, but the space is even smaller than that. What did you guys use? Tks.

EDIT

See below.

10mm wrench

Yup. easy as pie that way. i struggled with a socket wrench + philips before realizing i could just use the 10mm :lol:.

Also be careful after you remove the screws. It’s not cool if they fall in the hole where the speakers went… (i almost dropped one).

Yeah, I tried a wrench but found it hard to turn…I’ll give it another go though. I’ll try from inside the trunk this time too :wink:

Okay, I can get the speakers out. What do I do with the OEM connector though? It’s that black plastic piece that fits nicely onto the old speakers. The new one’s have the two connectors spaced out. Do I break the connector and use the two wires individually? Also, do I have to put anything over the connections? Newb questions probably, but I haven’t done anything stereo-related before.

If you are talking about the stock speaker amp… either by-pass it or remove it. If you use it with a new deck and speakers it will sound like crap.
You could just wire the speaker up to the positive and negative wires coming through the door harness.

My deck is old, not factory, but old. I just got new speakers, which I want to replace my old OEM one’s. Upon taking out the old one’s, I noticed that Nissan uses a black connector to connect the wires to the terminals on the speakers. The new speakers have terminals, but they are not set up in the same manner as the old one’s. Therefore, I can’t use the connectors. Can I just rip the wires out of this connector, or is there a better way? And which are which regarding positive and negative?

Yeah you cut off the stock connector and crimp on female spade terminas.

One smaller than the other for the negative.

Positive:

http://www.dieselveg.com/blue%20push%20on%20female%204.8.jpg

Negative:

http://www.dieselveg.com/red%20push%20on%20female%202.8.jpg

Done and Done

Where to get “female spade terminas”?

CTC, The Source, Bestbuy, Futureshop, etc

Okay, I managed to get the black connertor off, so the terninals are fine, but the speaker itself won’t fit into the orginal spot. Someone who has the same speakers Clarion Pro Audio 4x6’s, how did you fit your’s in? Help please.

What Fitment Issues are you having?

The fronts are too deep, as in the round part at the back won’t fit into the hole in the door so that I can get screws into the spots.

The backs fit in the spot fine, but don’t line up with the screw holes.

You must be a noob.

I’m sure you can see the back of the bracket isnt deep enough so the only solution is to cut it out.

Yes, as I stated earlier, I haven’t done anything audio-related before.

The yellowish bracket doesn’t fit the new speakers at all. I could try to cut out places where it doesn’t fit, but it will probably crack (the plastic looks old and brittle). How do they do it in a shop? Do they have pre-fabricated brackets that they use? Not only will they have to be cut to fit the deepness, but holes for the screws will also have to be made, and where the holes would go there isn’t much for the screws to grab onto there.

I do this everyday bud, and you have to cut the back out to fit the magnet
and notch the speaker bracket corners to fit in the alocated spot in the bracket.

How much would installing all 4 cost?

$40/pair

Good to know, thanks Adam.

Anytime