Spec V 02-05 ECU Check/SES Reset!

Ok all y’all Spec owner’s out there (sorry SE-R’s but I only show love 2 the Spec’s) so I know there is other means of finding this info, but hey, I figure the easier it is to find this info the better, so I know that in the past, due to some of my mods, I have had an SES light that comes on and I have always wanted to know what it is that is triggering it and how to turn it off, well here is your answer my fellow Spec’s (nothin but love for y’all!)
1)Turn off the engine, and turn the key over (without starting the engine)
2)As soon as the key is turned over count to 3 (One one thousand…)
3) After counting to three depress the accelerator five times, under five seconds.
4)After depressing the accelerator five times count to 7 (one one thousand, etc…)
5) as soon as you get to seven seven thousand depress the accelerator for ten seconds, then the SES light should begin to flash (If it does not, you did not do the steps correctly, don’t worry sometimes getting the counting down perfect can be frustrating but it does work!)
6) begin to count the flashes, there will be about a .06 second pause between numbers (10 flashes equates to a 0, 3 flashes means a 3, all flashes equate to the number counted, but of course for 10 which equals a 0, but 9 flashes means a 9)
7) after getting the four digit code depress the accelerator for at least 10 seconds (note: you do not have to get the four digit code, after the SES begins to flash you can just depress the accelerator for the minimum 10 seconds) then the SES light will reset, turn the key to the off position and start the engine and the ECU will have been reset and you will know what was wrong with your SPEC V!

Here’s what the codes break down to.

http://www.b15sentra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=99410

You know what I hate about the flashing crap? The fact that we have digital odometers, that could have easily been put to use to show SES codes.

And while we’re at it here’s more code reset procedures.

http://www.b15sentra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=78325

Chasenyadown, do you have an o2 simulator on your car? Because if you’re getting SES codes from your exhaust, I know of a $10 part that will fix it.

Or, did you start tripping codes when you got the cams installed? Apparently about half the Specs with cams throw a multi-cylinder misfire code even though the car runs well.

Yeah, it throws the 0300 (multiple…), BUT it does not throw it if I have octane booster in (it wil throw a 0301-0304), BUT if I put in 94 OCTANE GAS FROM HUSKY, I DO NOT GET ANY CODE AT ALL!!! I figure that means the knock sensor is retarding timing when I am running pisspoor 91-92 octane fuel, go figure!

Hmm…that’s really strange! You haven’t had your timing manually advanced have you?
(Our cars automatically adjust the timing depending on the fuel we use, CVTS = Continously Variable Timing System - in case you didn’t know! ;))

Wrong Pyrex. It’s CVTC look at your engine cover again. :smiley:

Nissan can advance or lower your timing, I have been told that maybe lowering my timing by 1 degree might help out the problem, but I dunno about that. I have now also been told that closing the spark plug gap from .035 to .030 might help cause it did on a turboed spec with the same problem.

Oh, sorry - I must have been sleeping before. That 0300 code, the multiple cylinder misfire, is being caused by your camshafts. It seems that about half the peeps that install cams, either JWT or Nismo, get an 0300 SES code. The code doesn’t diminish the car’s performance at all, it’s just annoying.

Did the reset get rid of the code?