Spec V - No Spark

My wife’s 03 Spec V died yesterday during rush hour on MacLeod Trail (Calgary). She said she was just driving and it cut out - no sputtering, nothing. At first I thought it might be fuel related, so a friend came and check it out last night for me.

He determined that my injectors are firing, and I’m not getting spark. He brought in an OBD scanner so we could check it out. Upon plugging it in we found 1) the OBD port wasn’t in the dash anymore, it had fallen behind the dash. 2) I’m not sure how it happened - we suspect it might’ve been done when the alarm was originally installed (back in 2004).

The OBD scanner would not link with the car(we tested it on another car and it worked fine). I was unable to get the ECU to report the code (turn key on for 3 sec, pump gas pedal 5 times in 5 seconds, wait 7 seconds, hold down gas pedal). I’m not sure if the port was damaged in any way

I’m at a loss on where to proceed from here, I’m 3K over warranty on the car and they politely informed me that they would not book it under warranty (car was never dealer serviced so no exception was made).

Doing some searching around on the b15 forums, im left at guessing that it’s the CAS or the ECU itself. However, my wife just went on mat leave so i don’t have the luxury of buying both parts just to take a wild guess.

Anyone have any suggestions? Or does anyone have an extra ECU or CAS that I could use to diagnose? :frowning:

MrsRage (GF) car did the same thing about a month ago. Needed a new ECU (under warranty by 2 weeks) and her grounds were all redone. Find a spear ECU or borrow one if you can. I would lend you hers but she is in Moose Jaw right now and 04-05 ECU’s are different. I think the Spec V’s have a failsafe also if the battery doesn’t give enough voltage they turn off ignition. Try A different battery.

Also forgot her altinator was also replaced.

Got the car back on Friday - it was 100% ECU and covered under the 8 year / 130 000km warranty they provide on the ECU

Awsome. But makes me wonder why the ECU is so cheap lol