Need some help on sr swap

Im having some trouble here with firing this thing up… Its like im not getting any spark… How would i find out if im getting spark or not… Also im wondering if the ecu is screwed… Any way to find out if the ecu is done? Thanks.

i swaped a ka into a 240 that didnt have a running engine when i bought it and there was the same problem, turned out to be the ecu, i can lend you mine if its for a redtop and if it fires right away then thats the prob.

To check for spark, pull out your coil pack, stick a screw driver (very gently) into the coilpack, then lay it over the valve cover, or something conductive. Then crank. You’ll know when you have spark. Just don’t touch any metel. lol.

If you have spark and fuel, make sure you CAS is not turned 180, or off a few teeth.

Would i still get spark if the ecu is done? Do any of you know the part number for the egnitor chip? I want to make sure that this is the right one… It has a whole bunch of numbers on it…

The ignitor chip has the part number on it.

should be in a series like this XXXXXX-XXXXX

The chip is about 200 though a dealership. In the FSM there is a test you can do, that will determine if it is gone.

You can also get no spark from a blown ECU. The easiest way it to buy a NOID light and test for electrical impules at the ignitor harness or fuel injectors.

Assuming your have a 62 or 63 ecu (red top) here is a ECU pinout.
http://img470.imageshack.us/img470/9792/ecudiagso5.gif

Make sure you have power in (36) and all of your ground are good.

Also who did the wirring on the swap?

You would also get no spark in the CAS was not working. To test see the FSM

Ok, so i cheacked out the ecu and the ingnitor chip and both are fine… Im going to check out the cam angle sensor and see what happens.

Got anouther quick question… Under louis hood i noticed this silver box long and skinny… What is it cause the harness that i have does not have that… Could this be my problem? Let me know. Thanks