speed limiter on a jdm p72 ecu??? thats what i thought.

so i get out of work right… go to wal mart and get about $75 worth of groceries and wouldnt you know it… a guy just wants to take a nice leisurely drive home but no. some jacka$$ has to get on my a$$ (like 1 foot away) on the on ramp and piss me off, the he starts to swerve around behind me so im like wtf… im outta here. i soon realize that i have nowhere to go, traffic was ridiculous… we get out in the open and we both take off… so i smoke this focker with my groceries and all (driving a v6 tiburon btw) , and i figure… why not keep goin i just got the car out of the garage… we’ll se what she’s got. besides, i never topped it out on the b18c swap anyways… soon after in 5th gear i get this fuel cut… what the hell is that, i was not at redline… or i dont think (gauge lights burnt out) and thats all she wrote…

anyone know if my ecu has a speed limiter? i was under the impression that jdm p72’s didn’t have a limiter… i can still see my speedo from 100mph on up funny enough thats the only light that still works. i was somewhere around 115 or so…

help!

i know with p13’s for h22a’s, udsm had not limiter and jdm is at 115. might be the same.

“Hard” or “soft” fuel cut? The one I borrowed seems “soft limited” at 115 indicated with JDM P72. (I need to get that chipped P28 in there ASAP! :slight_smile: )

mine was a full out fuel cut until my speed dropped to about 110, then it was full power again until i was back up to 115.

i guess thats what u mean by a hard cut?

Yes, that’s what I was describing…hard cut is when it kinda jerks and stops ignition, fuel and makes the car lurch. Soft will let you hold it at top limited speed without lurching without potentially shocking/damaging parts like a hard cut.

I think it cuts the injectors… not totaly sure

but yea 115 is yo limit!

maybe the b18c needs it’s carb cleaned and a new airfilter? i’ll hook you up at work one day

my buddy had an h22 swapped ek coupe back in the day and it would rip until the gay ass speed cut, it was like right at the vtec point in 5th.

chip it, you’ll be fine. i always thought it cut ignition.

just remember that jdm ecu’s are surface mount, and should only be done by a skilled professional

yea heart… maybe while we are at it we can just say the heck with the stock GSR carb and put us on a holley or something sweet!

For real tho, im either gonna be running hondata or crome when i get this turbo project all wrapped up. so ill be set at that point.

but 115… she was screamin till then. come on honda japan… you’re better than that!

I was told by a guy with a JDM H22 5th gen Civic that my JDM B18C was limited to 120mph. Actually I think he said all JDM motors were speed limited to 120. But I can’t say for sure because I never took my car up to that speed and the Hondata should have taken care of the speed limiter anyways.