Speedhut Gauges

Anyone here use these? Someone on another forum pointed these out. Cheap for full sweep microprocessor controlled, customizable gauges. Made in the USA too :thumbup

http://www.speedhut.com/

I’ll probably pick up some gauges from them soon.

They have a sick ass warranty too!

Still cant justify spending ~$150+ for something as simple as a boost gauge.

I plan on using them in my Z. The guys over at HybridZ love them.

ALthough looking at their other gauges not to bad…

May end up giving these a try.

gps speedometer looks pretty cool.

Yup, screw dealing with a speed sensor.

Dude I dropped $165 on my Autometer cobalt digital boost, and the others were $120 a pop too. Shit hurt the pocket but they are sick ass gauges. I like the OP’s gauges too, seems worth it for the money.I like how you can customize it too, add your own logos and text if you wanted.

PS Yetti I know, my over priced boost gauge doesnt start reading until 5psi, I know, I know. :banghead

I had a sponsorship from them when I was in the show scene with my eclipse there a good product. A little expensive but they were cool for free.

they are a vendor over on rspeed… they make some great parts and some real custom stuff

Yeah but their speedometer is cheaper than an Autometer.

Boost gauges can be a lot more than that. Electronic gauges (not digital, like Autometer and such) get pricey because they’re a bit more accurate since you’re not running a vacuum line from under the hood to the back of the gauge. With electronic gauges, you only run a line for a few inches, and then you connect it to a sensor, which runs (through wires) to the back of the gauge. No pressure loss, really. Reliability, consistency, and accuracy > *

As far as pressure loss for a line to the gauge, I think it’s under 0.1 psi. Not 100% sure though. And the response to changes in pressure is limited by the gauge, you shouldn’t see a difference in length of the vacuum line.

Yep thats why I spent the extra monies on the Cobalt electric digitals for everything. Just plug in a few sensors you can hide anywhere on the motor and run some tiny ass gauge wire into the cabin. Well worth it.

Well if there’s different pressures in the line, it’ll take time to reach the gauge, yes, it’s almost instant, but still.

I just like them for a cleaner install =)

Oh absolutely!

Digital or go the fuck home.

MEN.

^ Gauges aren’t shit without a motor in your car.

Well to be fair the gauge isn’t in the car yet either. Soooo you’re dumb.

I would bet that the differences in readings between a mechanical/digital vs electric would be negligible.

I think that would mostly depend on gauge quality.