SPEEDOMETER NOT WORKING??!? WTF?!??

Stop double posting or I’ll start deleting one of them. Just say what you need to say in ONE post.

I kinda glad I didnt pick that car up!
Frame Rot is nothing fun, nor is picking up a lemon.

If you’re concerned about putting money you obviously don’t have into this car, well…you should’ve bought a bus pass.

Good luck in your journey, hope all goes well!

You know , we all go through hard time sometime to finance the s13’s . There is a standard auto in the area . They got about 5 to 6 s13 right now . Go to the lot and pick up what you want , the prices are pretty cheap .
PS : I picked up a lip spoiler 2 weeks ago for 15 $ :smiley: . I in that area too , I mostly busy all the time but if you working on the car and need some help let me know .

You get what you pay for.

I traded Volk TE37s for a mint frame, with no interior, no motor, no
nothing, just a clean body.

Thats far more than $500 and thats what it takes to get a clean S13.

Don’t buy a car until you have enough money to buy the car and make all
the necessary repairs.

Don’t buy a car unless you have a job, because cars require gas and
insurance.

Most of the parts you need can be found off members on the board who
have parts cars, or at a junkyard for fairly cheap.

If the frame has holes do us all a favour and send it to the junkyard.

LOL… yeah… alot of hitting below the belt there man…

whatever… i just take it as constructive advice…

neway… anyone know how much i’ll be looking at for a brand new alternator?? just the part not including the labour…

but as for the labour, including the part i heard i could get it done for about $200… does anyone know where i can get it for cheaper? if so lemme know…

umm call nissan? I told you this already… :bash:

if you want it used, ask here for the price…
and someone said 300 here… please read…

and…

call nissan

I said $300 for an alternator from Nissan. That was what I was told. It was for that reason that my friend bought my S12 one.

Since you’re not driving your car, here’s what I suggest.

You have no $, no job. Now would be the time to start learning how to do things yourself.

Remove your alternator … it’s not hard. Take it to be tested. If it’s broken, take it to a rebuilder, there’s tons of them. Figure on about $100 to get it rebuilt.

Have it rebuilt, then reinstall it yourself.

If the alternator checks out, you’re going to have to start checking all your wiring. Replace the battery cables. Start there and work through the whole system.

If you have to rely on Nissan for parts, and mechanics for labor, you will never get this car done. Mechanics rape, and Nissan rapes with spiney objects.

If you can do the work yourself, and keep a good eye out for used parts, you can save a ton of $$$.

What great advice.

Its what i did, i got my car and it wasn’t certified, it need somethings to pass, i didn’t have the cash on hand to pay for it, but i wasn’t in a hurry to have the car, it being january and all so i slowly spent my time repairing and learnign about the car, doing everything that i could, and i learned a lot!

… that was quite the run on sentence.

mr200… that is great advice… i think i’ll do that…

i just need the special tools nd a pretty okay place indoors to work on it like in my garage or something… problem is i can’t get it over to my house without the alternator working first… but i’ll follow up on your advice… thnx

Special tools?

A ratchet?

With a 10,12 and 14mm wrench, you can take your entire car apart.

Do it in the snow. You’ll get a better appreciation for how much car ownership can suck.

Honestly, changing an alternator is a walk in the park.

Nissan even uses a tensioner, so you don’t need brute strength to get the belt tight

gggreat…

hmmm… so how tight to i make the belt? as hard as i can do? or just as tight… but not so tightt hat i’m putting all my weight on it… and nothing will budge??

i already told you how to take it out and already willing to show you how but if you really want to do it on your own then have fun asking questions. and yea the belts arent adjustable like the on our pants.