Speedometer..

hey everyone…

I just bought a 240sx (and I left it at my mechanic to replace some parts on it, so it can be certified).
Anyways, I noticed something weird with the speedometer while I was driving the car on the hightway. I have a feeling it’s showing the wrong speed, i.e. it’s higher than what I was doing… It couldn’t have been more than 80km/h, but it was showing 120km/h, LOL…

it could be my imagination, but I don’t think it is…
anyone have a clue to what the problem would be? Also, how would I check if the speedometer is actually working properly?

Thanks…

Try having a friend drive beside you.

If your speedo is inaccurate, I would guess it may need a new speedo cable or re-calibration.

thanks, I’ll try that.

What was the RPM , and at what gear . If you remember I can tell you instead of wasting gas driving around .

Once I get the car registered and and certified, I’ll test it out… I only noticed this while I was driving the car from the dealer to my mechanic and that was only a 15 min. ride.

Maybe the 240 is just so much faster than you had expected!

if you are able to purchase a new speedo cable for it i want to know where you got it from…

speedo is controled by a sensor not a cable

if u need a sensor let me know i got 1

^^^ Yeah, he’s right, my mistake, just found this out.

thanks for the reply guys…
I think the speedometer is fine… I think it’s just my weird imagination :slight_smile:

My car is doing the same thing. It would show about 140kph but everybody including the collectors lane ran as fast as my car. I drive my dads camry and I pass by cars easily at 130. WTF is going on>>>???

Maybe you guys should get some real proof before you ask. Test it beside another car, or all we can do is speculate.