Spoiled college kid getting tasered... vol 2

that kid sucks and fails.

:clap:
:tup:

So lets say I’m walking down the street, minding my own business, when two cops drive up. Now lets say they are looking for someone, and I seem to fit the description. So they tell me to stop, and ask me questions about where I last was, what am I doing, where am I going, all that fun stuff. So I start to get annoyed because, you know, I have done nothing wrong and am being asked bullshit questions. So I answer them anyways, in the best manner I can. Now say they don’t believe me, and try to arrest me because they think I am the guy wanted for insert crime here. Should I really have to listen to them? And should I have to suffer the consequences for not listening to them, even though I know I have done nothing wrong?

I think it is safe to assume that your ‘rules’ are not rules, but merely a guideline to which in most circumstances you should do.

I’m not saying don’t cooperate with cops, but I cooperate to a point. Sometimes they really do over-use the powers that we as a people have given them, and this story about the kid being tasered could be argued both ways.

:clap:

You’d better if you know what’s good for you. Go peacefully, call your lawyer, and get the civil suit rolling.

You resist then you catch a beatdown, and then you have no grounds for suing.

exactly… the cops aren’t a court of law. You go peaceful and do what you have to do if you, for whatever reason, get accused of something you didn’t do.

They’re just doing their jobs like anyone else, and if you get snippy with 'em, I’m willing to bet they’d be less willing to hear your side of things… not to mention probably catch an ass whooping in the process

I don’t know… do what you want though

If you want to talk about stupid and excessive force:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/wkmg/20070919/lo_wkmg/14147512

cliffs: Wheelchair bound schizo woman is shocked 10 times withing 2 minutes, dies.

ummm YES!

Your hypothetical situation is pretty stupid for several reasons.

1. It doesn’t apply at all to this discussion. There is no mistaken identity here, the kid was approached while he was at the podium, while he was being an ass. At no point did he leave the officers sight.

2. Lets say the cops do stop talk to you because you fit the description of someone they’re looking for. If you aren’t the person they’re looking for the chances of you being arrested are pretty slim if you cooperate. They may ask you where you’re going, where you’re coming from, or to see your ID. If you’re cool and work with them chances are they will simply let you go. Cops are good at knowing when someone is lying to them because they have experience with people lying to them every day. It doesn’t take long to learn how to probe for details that people have a hard time making up and keeping straight on the fly.

3. On the rare chance that your long lost indentical twin was the one who actually robbed the liquor store and the cops are sure it’s you, yes, you do have to allow them to arrest you. Or if you get all defensive and refuse to answer their questions about why a guy who looks just like you committed some crime blocks away, you better be prepared to let them arrest you. Resisting at that point is only going to get you charged with resisting arrest, possible assault on a police officer, all over something you didn’t even do. If you’re lucky the DA might drop those charges when they find out later you weren’t the guy they were looking for but he has no legal obligation to. And good luck with a civil suit. The police were acting in good faith arresting you with reasonable suspicion. You fit the description and by refusing to answer their questions you now look like you’re hiding something.

This should be interesting.

Of those of you who think the police were in the wrong, who do you hope wins the next presidential election?

lol

1.) Really? That couldn’t be why it is a hypothetical situation, could it?

2.) Very understandable, and about 99% going to happen.

3.) Usually it is never an exact match they have, but a description, so no, it wouldn’t have to be my identical twin, and, from what you said, I really don’t HAVE to let them arrest me. If I had to, there would not be a second option, would it? No. It would be in my best interest to let them arrest me, as you also stated. So no, it’s not have to, it’s do I want to either resist and know for myself that I didn’t do it, or do I want to not resist and let them look like an ass.

The only reason I don’t like cops sometimes is depending on the area, some cops have real problems to handle (i.e the city of rochester police), while some cops have no real problems and just find things to do (i.e town of greece cops who bring 3 cop cars to tell 5 kids that the one shovel one person is walking with needs to be dropped or else)

:smash2:

Comming from a liberal:

He deserved exactly what he got… to a point.
The tazing was excessive. There were 6 grown men and women restraining him. He did resist, yes that was obvious, though if you watched it took only a single officer to pick him up and carry him to the back of the room. Personally I feel every one would have been better served to remove him from the room, and then from the building. There was no reason to attempt to cuff him in the back of the room, and then use the tazer.

If this is protocol for resisting arrest, i have to dissagree with it though at that point the officers acted properly as how they were taught.
It was excessive and could have been delt with better.

that being said… he deserved a kick in the nuts too.

Screw everyone who say that kids a ass. Atleast someone has the balls to stand up for what he believes in. Well everyone else is sitting on there ass watching themselfs get fat or lazy he is out there asking question. More power to him.

Standing up for what you beleive in is one thing.

Being obnoxious and not listening to AUTHORITY is the problem. If he had stayed calm and not immediately started out like an ass. Oh Thanks for turning off my mic, thanks, thanks. Shit like that.

Big difference between speaking your mind and acting like an idiot.

:fyi: That kid is an ass.

if you did actually comply and cooperate, they woudl probably let you go.
how many criminals don’t argue or blame the one armed man.

Really? google warriors would say different…

More than 150 people have died in the US after being struck by tasers since June 2001 – 61 in 2005 alone – and numbers are continuing to rise.

http://news.amnesty.org/index/ENGAMR510392006

70 Deaths After Use Of Stun Gun Lead To Questions Over Its Safety

Either your deffinition of non-lethal is wrong or you make shitty points.

why is everyone still arguing that tasing was excessive???

the noises you make being tased are because of involuntary muscle movement. mainly you cant control your muscles. it doesnt make your lungs collapse. it doesnt feel like your stomach is cooking. all it does it quickly bring you back to the reality that you are being a dousche and need to stop.

things i GUARANTEE you would choose a taser over:

being punched in the lip
having a knee put to the back of your head
being choked by a baton
have your arms cuffed and being yanked around by your shoulder blades
having cuffs on. THEY FRIGGEN HURT

omg omg omg excessive force. bullshit. it is the safest way to handle a person for everyone around including the asshat being tased

and snssuck123, your scenario has way too many what if’s. not to mention the standard ooperating procedure isnt what you describe so it most likely wouldnt happen.

but what would i do? i would cooperate. annoying as it is. if there is a dude dressed like me, who just robbed a bank in my area, and the cops ask me questions. i have nothing to hide and answering questions isnt a big deal and just by being honest i will most likely be let go with only a waste of my time to complain about. if i happen to be DETAINED then my shitty luck, but i doubt it would happen. you wouldnt be arrested. it would take alot stronger correlation between me and a crime and some seriously wrong answers to make them want to arrest me.

if that happens then my shitty luck. but look at it from a dif perspective. if the cops were in YOUR area, looking for a murderer on a rampage…wouldnt you want every suspect looking m-fer to be picked up? i think being cooperative is a duty in society. you want to live safe you have to do the work, sometimes it is just a circumstance that you have to be put out of your way to cooperate.

and if you asshat and dont cooperate to the point you are a threat…you get tased. i see nothing wrong with it.

poits are good, i just made the error of speaking in absolutes. but by your example you have made the same error. are you telling me that based on those numbers, you think tasers are dangerous?

lets go one further and ask if you think they are more dangerous than the alternative of not using them?

there is an exception to every rule. i said it before and i will say it again. tasers have the least gray area and are safer than the aletrnative.

EDIT: would you rather be tased or shot when you get arrested for any illegal activity you might be doing?