Spray can paint match

so i have a shaved, wingless hatch that is primer grey that i want to paint to match my car since my hatch is rotten and such.

i’m cheap and don’t want to spend money for a body shop to paint it and i like to do everything on my car myself, so has anyone had good success with a particular brand of spray paint’s colour matching the stock 240 black?

thanks.

Haha, im in the exact situation your in, I have a clean shaved hatch that was in primer a couple days ago because mine was rotted out, im using regular krylon black spray can, I dont know how well it will match, but black is black most of the time and its just untill I save up for a complete paintjob anyways.

If im done before you start i’ll post some pics of the colour difference.

Hey man why are you painting it… spray it no gloss black… or primer black and leave it… the two tone looks wicked i got it on my car.

honestly, i don’t like the flat colour mixed with the glossy paint like you have, i would really enjoy it to be the same colour as my car, but i know it won’t be perfect. i’m sure it will look better than rotten holes under my spoiler though.

sidewayz, i won’t be working on it til this weekend probably so if you could post pics when you get yours done that would be sweet, thanks.

get exact paint color and do it your self. i get my paint at paint circuit just give the color code and they make it. its like 20 a can

where is paint circuit? i’ve never heard of it.

do you know of anywhere else to get this? thanks.

They have paint match in spray cans at Carquest for about 30$…turns out great just make sure you properly prep and degrease what you’re working with.

yea, napa does it too

Go to an auto supplies store called “Cross Canada” they can match any colour in a spray bomb for about 25+tax as well they will have all the materials you need to get a good finish.

Tremclad gloss black comes pretty close