Sprint data issues since the storm

I have an Epic 4g touch; I could connect to 4g this weekend and now I can’t. Flashed back to stock and still having issues, even the 3g is giving me issues. Anybody with Sprint having any issues since Sandy passed through?

Sprint, At&T, and Time Warner is having network routing troubles after the storm. I am sure they will get it sorted in the next day or two.

Mine isn’t working right either . Has its moments where its fine then all fucked up soon after .

CO’s in NYC under water. Lot of their traffic must route through those COs.

It’s not the weather, Sprint just sucks.

This is also the truth.

Had a coworker who works with a Sprint representative day in and day out; Confirms that Sprint towers were damaged in this area, there are also Verizon T1 lines that are out as well (which sprint ironically uses).

Confirmed: Sprint sucks.

Cellular carriers although bearing the same name, contract out the actual fiber that gets to their cell towers.

Verizon’s entire NYC office is under water. They are in emergency mode down there. That is where they do all of their provisioning for all of NY, MA, NJ, Penn

Verizon is also trash.

I have sprint and I haven’t had any problems

at&t sucks too, wasnt able to make calls for a while yesterday. going to ask them to prorate me for 30 days last month.

They probably just didn’t feel like connecting your call. Shit happens. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/11/01/aqydu8y3.jpg

This.

Not a single glitch. HTC EVO 4G LTE.

As for carriers…

Verizon > Sprint > T-Mobile > AT&T…I’ve worked with all four (I managed the wireless account at work and now co-manage it). This is as far as bang for buck and service goes.

All depends on where you call from, who you are calling, the carrier the end user has, the service you are calling with, how many calls are currently being made on that tower.

You were lucky. SPRINT is having major problems for the last couple of days. I am willing to bet they are going to keep having it for another few. Getting contractor repair vehicles to mountain towers is not a priority when almost all contractors are in the City trying to get life back in order there.

My apartment guilderland gets 3g fine, speeds are decent…for 3g.

Go to work, 3g speeds are 5kbps, 4g is non existent. Depends what location/towers.