squeeking clutch

s’up guys,

as the subject suggests i have a squeeky clutch pedal (or something). I took the clutch pedal off and greased the pin, that’s not it. also I couldnt get the spring assist back on so i felt it off… that wont be a problem will it, i also moved the little switch thing down to there is full contact with the pedal.

anyway the squeeking is deffinately coming from outside (in the engine bay). this is getting worse now, it used to come and go buy now it’s always there.

cheers,

Nate

it happens to everyone,

mine does it too, dont worry about it.

I suppose but it’s embarassing… not to mention LOUD!!! :?

With 325,000km mines sooo loud, i tore apart my master and clutch assembly and lubed it all it lasted 3 months and now its back again i just say crank up the music no one will hear it. :stuck_out_tongue:

there is an adjustment on the rod that comes from the master cylinder, to the back of the pedal assembly. I had the same problem, tighten it up, and the squeek will be gone. Do you notice alot of freeplay in the pedal, meaning, you can press the pedal down quite a bit without having it affect the clutch?

if you remember where i live nate, swing by my place and i’ll adjust it for you (all others are welcome).

doing this will also improve clutch responsiveness. and rip out your clutch dampening system since we are on the topic!!

yeah doode if you can help me out that would be solid. when is good for you?

do a search, i brought this up like no more than 2 months ago.

True dat… Anyway I mentioned that I took off the helper spring on the clutch pedal. Seems that you actually need it… it was a bitch to get back on… literally lost blood over it. but the little that I dreve with out it seemed to have fucked everything nicely. Felt like the clutch was slipping, couldn’t feel the clutch engaging and disengaging when shifting, it was fucked! There was no power. Everything is ok now though. Seemed to have worked itself out. For a while there I thought I was going have to fork over cash for a new clutch. If anyone can explain this that would be solid.

sometimes the slave squeaks, i know from when i was under there bleeding it… you could try greasing that too

you tell me nate, anytime is good for me. i was thinking about rebuilding my clutch master cylinder, the kit is $16 (CT), i need some good grease though. it should take about an hour to do both cars.

cool cool cool… i was thinking if totaly bleeding the clutch system and replacing the slave cylinder. I’ll give you a ringy, same cell # as before yes?

Just to update. I was able to replace the slave cylinder (~$40 @ warden automotive), the old one was in rough shape. It was one of the easiest jobs ever. Sorry Paul i wasn’t able to remove the ‘U’. I was thinking of also replacing the rubber flex line with SS… next year. Oh yeah, no more annoying squeeek.

i used to fight the squeeky clutch problem by just spraying a bit of grease or wd40 on the spring of the pedal, it would stop the squeek.