SR Bottom End Build

I have my SR out again, and decided that i wanna make some decent power right now im thinking 300-400. I know the stock internals should be able to battle that power (350) but i want to be safe and build it to handle more in case i feel the need for speed.

Now this is just for the bottom end, top end ill deal with later on.

Ive looked into.

Pistons
Rods
bearings
rod bolts
Piston rings
Maintenance items
Fasteners

Now does the crank have to be balanced? I read they come balanced from the factory so they don’t need to be balanced again?

Also costs… What needs to be done to the block in order to make these things work.

if your going bigger pistons youll probly need sleeves depending on the size. just get your crank polished. and you might aswell boil your block while your at it to get every bit of dirt and everything out

• Hone Block- 140
  • Resurface head- 50
  • Pressure wash block – 40
  • Deck block – 90
  • hot tank head and block

thats what i know needs to be done right now.

how do you know it just needs honed and not bored?

^ not to sure can u explain the difference?

Don’t bother. I guarentee your built SR will let go before any stock block SR will…even at 400+hp

Danno speaks the truth.

Just buy my sr and sells yours lol

if you are building it with new rods and pistons, get your whole rotating assembly balanced. but from what everyone is saying/reading, pull your head, metal headgasket, arp studs, chuck in some cams, bigger injectors, get a good turbo and engine management. there done.