SR disassembly.

Hey guys,

i bought another SR20 off Osaka motors after i put a rod through my old one and the new engine they sent me was pure garbage (needs sleeves) so i am doing a complete bottom end build.

anyways i’m in the process of taking it apart and i’m at the rods. I took the nuts off the studs but i can’t get the 2 peices of hte rod to separate for me.

now i don’t want to fuck the rods and i don’t want to fuck crank.

any ideas what tools/techniques to use??

thanks guys,
Fitzy

p.s: Everyone @ Osaka can go to hell :lol:

I’ll try to explain!
You need a shop to do that!Why?Because they have a press machine that uses compression to disconnect the rod from the crankshaft!Sorry man that is something that i am sure you won’t be able to do without pay someone!
I can be wrong but i don’t know other way to disconnect the rods from crank man!Sorry!

you dont need a shop to do that just use the end of a wooden hammer and tap it apart gently, they wont be that stuck , oh and i could also tell u what the use at the engine builder , but well , shit i just did .

• OK PEOPLE PLEASE DO NOT MAKE POSTS IN THREADS LIKE THESE IF U ARE UNINFORMED AND HAVE NEVER TAKEN APART AN ENGINE , THE ONLY THING THAT IS WORST THAN NO ADVICE IS STUPID UNINFORMED ADVISE THAT ISNT EVEN ADVICE AT ALL*

Mods sorry if that was out of line but that is the best possible way i know how to be nice about stupid post, im off to have beer and get drunk , SON drives me to substance abuse

Can I please use this as my sig?

I hate to say it but I know more about these motors then you and ill never take my motor apart. Be like me, get someone els to do it

dear sr god…

which nissan design team were you on?

maybe its cuz u suck

pistons, rods, bearings, crank, headgasket, nuts and bolts, piston rings, oil pan, cylinder head, cams, valves… weird like almost ever other engine on the planet, maybe u know some secret magic hidden issue with re-building an engine, any monkey with an fsm can do this, if ur a smart monkey a.k.a. grease monkey u can do it with just a spec sheet.

Maybe he wants to learn, maybe he feels he has the ability to do the work himself.

maybe u just suck

lol

Hahaha wow, someone actually took me seriously?? hahahahah that makes me laugh :smiley:

Benson’s spelling has improved… I’m beginning to think he’s been kidnapped and replaced with an evil clone.

a sober evil clone, well it is sunday, even god took a break

so 1 useful response out of the 10…

10% thats pretty good for SON :lol:

no i know they come apart, this is my 2nd tear down, but the 1st one was a spun bearing with a rod making 3 holes and an exit out the block so i really didn’t give a fuck about hurting anything haha.

anyways thanks for the one useful response from someone who knew what they were talking about :lol:

Fitzy

Hahahaha I was smashed when I wrote that. :slight_smile:

YAY.

Take a pin punch, preferably brass but steel will do as well and tap GENTLY at the stud, the two halves of the rod will come appart.

You ordered something from Osaka?..everyone use this as an example why Osaka is garbage. This guy went to look at the Skylines they had for sale, a bunch fo them didn’t even have oil in the engine and the guy who works there said “In Japan, they run like that, it’s normal.” So…NEVER GO TO OSAKA.