sr f-ed up reaalll good.

soo yesterday i was driving around perfectly fine… then i was leaving my girlfriends house… went to turn the key and it cranked for sooooo long…

i started to get sketched out a bit… kept turning… then it started and sounded like a subaru…

let it run for a bit then it was fine…

then later on that night, i was driving alog and it started studdering and sounding like a subaru again,when i came to stops it would idle down,…so i started to turn around and go home before i f-ed up my motor…

i gave it more gas to see if it was a fuel issue, and when i did it ran fine ( full throttle )

so i get home to my driveway, and i get out and there is smoke like crazzzyy coming from my exhaust… so i park it and left the fan on for a while to cool it down…

also i smelt gas like crazy when i was driving…

SOOO… my thaughts were… fuel pump,injectors,or running on 3 cylinders…

orr cracked cylinder…BUT it never overheated… and i didint notice any difference in coolint level…

so im leaning towards piston rings…

please someone help me out…

I’d place my money on the headgasket unfortunately. I’m no expert, but

1. bad compression probably (trying harddd to start it up and finally starting after like 5 seconds of cranking)
  2. shitty idle, wanting to bog out and stall
  3. lots of smoke in the exhuast (possible burning coolant).

Do a compression check.

Do something else too, let it run for a couple minutes and heat up, then turn it off. Pop the hood, and see if you notice anything about the coolant tank resovior, if its smoking or making boiling sounds headgasket is probably your problem. Either that or take the rad cap off and try and start it, but that could get messy :wink:

Sounds exactly like my Ca18 a week ago, shes going through open heart surgery right now though.

try coil pack

un plug them and see what one is the problem

also change ur plugs

thanks… ill try some of these things… but it doesint run very well and im scared to keep it running…

its not ur headgasket dont worry

the reason its sounding like a subaru is because u are only running on 3 or less cylinders

its either a injecton or coil pack

un plug each one, one by one to see what it is

when somthing goes wrong with your car. ALWAYS start with the basics

And with all that gas, could be an injector stuck open, flooding the cylinder.

““And with all that gas, could be an injector stuck open, flooding the cylinder.””"

thats exactly what i was thinking…or the tip of the injector cracked or broke… and is putting to much fuel in…

im just scared that since i had to drive the thing home while it was running like that i may have caused more damage…

im gonna check everything out tomorrow after work…

thanks alot.

ohh i almost forgot, what would explan the huge vast amouts of smoke before i shut it off yesterday…

if its not burning water is that just a shitload of gas that got burned to fast?

ALSO!! all of this crap happined after i filled it up with 50$ gas at esso…

it was running perfectly before then.

what color smoke

i agree…sounds like an injector leak from my experience. if not, it’s probably ignition related so check the coils and wires, etc… i had that subie sound once too when my 4th injector clogged and alternator begin to die. i think your injector might be stuck open though…especially if your smoke’s closer to black rather than white.

get the car running. unplug one injector at a time to determine which one is not working. plug each one back in after being pulled.
other thing check the plugs behind the battery for corrosion.

do a compression test. you should pull the plugs anyways to take a look at them. check out the gap. see if the electrode is burnt out. soaked or dry? white or black?

white smoke - coolant (smells sweet, kinda funky)
black smoke - fuel (makes your eyes watery)
blue smoke - oil (smells like ass)

your plugs will narrow down the problem to almost a T.

same exact thing happened to me, it fixed itself. were pretty sure it was an injector that stuck open

white smoke…

that would be coolant.

Before starting that engine pull the plugs and check… that might give it away really quick by having one that is a different colour compaired to the others. If there is too much fuel in the cylinder it can cause a hydraulic lock in that cylinder, which wouldn’t be good.