SR on long trips

discussion???

last night at arounf 11:00pm i loaded up the trunk and brought along my lil bro and my cousin and trucked it to Montreal to visit my other bro who moved in here.

i was on point for mileage i guess, i got 600km’s (well 594) but i wasnt even quite at the E, i was at the tail end of the last dot on the guage. light hadnt showed yet. only reason i stopped was because we were in cornwall and it was prolly the last sunoco i was going to see close to the highway.

keeping in mind i had an extra 350lbs+ in passengers are cargo i think this is pretty good. the hardest part was not speeding the whole way. i have a few lapses but aside from that is was 118 - 125 the whole way. pretty reasonable.

what is the longest trip you have done in your modified car and what kind of gas mileage are you guys seeing?

ran sunoco 94 of course @ 11psi with SAFC corrected to about -2.2 to -2.7% the whole trip. stayed out of boost most of the time anyways so i dont think it really matters

I get similar results with my SR…If I just drive “reasonable” I get about 600km’s to a full tanks of Sunoca 94

some how i managed 703 on my last tank of 94
didnt boost once, actually i dont think i went past 10mmhg the whole tank.

i now declare that montreal is the worst city on earth to drive in.

at least twice as bad as hamilton is.

i took a turn down a cobble stone road at about 30kph adn my car felt and sounded like you were rolling in a gumball machine,

I’m heading to Montreal sometimes in July. I just want to go on a
weekend road trip (Fri to Sun).

Any thing I should consider before I plan the trip?

Take your front plate off so it’s less likely they will nail you for being english :slight_smile:

my car ususally gets 255-300 km city with me treating it like the slut it is, its role modle is kelsey but shes a whore

and ont he highway/city i ususally get 425

the most ive ever gotten was 475 and i still had like half way between a 1/4 left, i always do wot atleast 3 times a tank i cant live without it

i ususally fillup round 1/4 since somtimes sunocos are rare

hehe

wot is addictive, i fiend wot. Without wot I sweat shake and get nose bleeds.

Most i ever got was just under 600 and let me tell you i was about to die from the wot withdrawl

That’s what I was thinking! What’s fuel economy? Someone tell me…I don’t even know! I have the same problem with only a KA, just wait till KA-T. :twisted: It’s gonna be a DOOOOZIE y0.

I finished my Sr swap on a Friday Night…

Then I got all of my insurance papers and put on the last few things (Bumper,Hood etc) on Saturday and drove the car for about an hour tops to make sure things were decent and see how it performed.

Then the next morning (Sunday) the girlfriend and I went up north to my cottage in Bancroft for 5 days and got there and back on one full tank of Sunoco 94. It came out to around 630 km’s @ 7psi. I was quite impressed.

Doing 140 on the 401 for quite a long time…then because it was the first day haviing it out, passed a few cars at WOT and still got good mileage. Then again, it was stock psi.

I went from hamilton to downtown TO on just less then a quarter of a tank. going average speed of 190 i would say.

On the way there made it from the skyway bridge to ford drive in 9 mins :slight_smile:

I would highly suggest you change you destination before you leave. Not really a nice road trip kinda place.

If you are going to go that far, you might as well go all the way to NewBrunswick. They have some nice roads there, AND the people are really nice! Quite the scenic drive after you get out of Quebec.

Theo

A good road trip that is not to long but nice drive is Algonquin

Derek, if your speedo and your tach is off, your odo is supposed to be incorrect as well. So in reality your gas lasted probably less than you think. I’m not trying to flame, i’m just saying that your figures maybe inaccurate.

When i went to ottawa, i got about 600km on a gas tank, boosting some, but trying to keep my vacuum higher than 10 psi at all times

10 inches of mercury you gino not 10psi

Derek, if your speedo and your tach is off, your odo is supposed to be incorrect as well. So in reality your gas lasted probably less than you think. I’m not trying to flame, i’m just saying that your figures maybe inaccurate.

When i went to ottawa, i got about 600km on a gas tank, boosting some, but trying to keep my vacuum higher than 10 psi at all times[/quote]

ya somthing seemed up with 703 km…

:lol: , I could have told you that. I drove there once for a buddies birthday party a few years back and I WILL NEVER GO AGAIN!!!

All those stupid one ways, intersections with like 50 sets of lights at it and so on gave the worst case of road rage I’ve ever had. :twisted: :twisted:

Hey G, you may want to think of a different road trip.

You guys got almost 600km’s on a tank with an SR20DET :shock: !!! Oh damn, I can’t wait to do my swap. The most I was able get out of my KA24E was 375 km’s on a tank and that was while I was experamenting to see how much I can get out of one tank so throughout that time not once did I do over 3000 RPM and I still only got 375 kms.

My winter car has a 3.8 V6 and it gives me 600km’s to the tank on the HW (mind you it has a 65 liter tank).

How are SR20DET’s for long distance driving? I go down to New York City, Queens, Brooklyn and Long Island like 4 times a year and it usually takes me 7 hours straight. I have never driven my 240sx down but when I get my swap done I plan to take it there at least once.