sr problem

Hey guys like it says in the title im having problems with my sr, I can’t get it started theres no crank. I think it might be the starter maybe, but im not 100% on that. I tried doing a push start and it would almost start but not all the way. Also when i initally have the ignition in the ON position I don’t hear the fuel pump hum anymore. Everything was working before this post but now it won’t start and i don’t hear the fuel pump hum anymore. Does anyone know if i can use a starter from a sentra or nx2000 with an sr20de work for the sr20det? Or does anyone have anykind of idea what i can do to get it going again?

my guess is your alternator was going, and now your battery is just dead which is why you don’t hear your fuel pump turn on anymore, and also why your car almost started from a push and then died.

i would put my bet on dead alternator. (possibly your battery is toast, but i doubt it).

Well i tried boosting the car, and that didn’t work also.

the one thing i’d suggest (because i had the exact same problem as you) is clean up all the grounds and battery terminals. a bad ground to my battery caused my car to just not start one day… didn’t even turn over, just dead. cleaned up the grounds (sanded down painted ground areas, and corroded contacts so its shiny silver), re-boosted the car and it was fine after that.

btw are you boosting your car grounding the black clamp to the battery terminal or a non-painted bolt in the engine bay? (you want to ground using a bolt on the dead car, not the battery)

thanx for the info ill try that tonight when i get off work.

if anyone else gots any kind of suggestions pls feel free to input hah, i need all the help i can get.

I didnt read your other post but cheak the plugs by your ECU. There is a few from the ECU and one might just be unpluged a lil bit_!

Well got the cranking issue resolved, it was a loose connection in the wiring. But the fuel pump issue is really pissing me off. I did the test light and nothing!!! I put it on the actual plug (the blue one) on the outside and im not getting power from there, then i took the actual pump out and tested the red wire on the pump and at first a very faint light then nothing. So the pump itself might not be busted it might have something to do with the pump not getting any power. But thats where im lost i have no experience with the wiring that plugs into the pump or with the harness that plugs into the cover of the pump. Anybody have any ideas on what i should do? should i get a new pump? have a real mechanic check out the wiring and pump?

check the pump fuse… start simple man, make sure you cover all the little nit picky shit 1st, it seems dumb but it just makes your list of things that could be wrong, shorter and more on target…