SR Tranny Problem?? Anyone know what this might mean?

Hey guys,
Well I was working on my swap this morning and I had to roll the car outside for a bit. Well the car kept jumping like it was in gear. I installed the shifter and tried to put it into neutral but it doesn’t seem like its working. Shifter also look positioned weird. I still havent finished installing the clutch on my manual swap but will soon. IS there something really messed with my tranny? It’s allready in the car and I didn’t take it off before dropping the engine. Any help troubleshooting this would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

the shifter is positioned fine, unless you installed it wrong.

are you sure your e brake is released.

Yea it was off, the car when pushed is like hopping like it’s in gear right, and you can move the stick around but it feels weird. I can’t get it into neutral.

did you take the shifter out. its hard to describe in words but the part of the shifter that goes in to the tranny (under the base plate) hase a plastic ball on the end of it that needs to sit in to a cup on the gear selecter rod in the tranny. may be some one in japan took the sifter out.

hmmm, i’m not sure i wasn’t looking, now that the tranny is in the car its kinda tight to take of that whole cover on top, i’m not totally sure what i’m looking for but i’ll give it a shot. I hope its not messed up too bad, everything has been one problem after another, would def not do this again ahah. Anyone feel like coming by tomorrow to take a look who knows what they are looking for, i’m kinda doing this whole thing without much knowledge and its been hell. Would be real nice to have someone who knows what they are looking at. Thanks!

it’s not hard at all to take the shifter plate off. there are 4 bolts that are super easy to get to, and the front 2 bolts are fairly easy to get to with a flexhead gear wrench, but if you have larger hands, it might be easier to get at it from underneath.