SR20 BOV Re-circulation?

Has anyone here corrected the problem of running rich in between shifts without re-circulating their bov? I’m hoping my safc2 will fix the problem, but aren’t entirely sure because I’ve never tuned one of these things before. It has an atmospheric Bov setting, but how well does it work? If I can’t fix the problem with it then I guess I’ll just re-circulate…pure turbo, no pshhh.

There’s varied opinions all over the web, but some local advice would be best I think. The flames out the exhaust are ruining my bumper. Stupid maf.

I haven’t had any problems with running too rich between shifts. I’ve heard that that is only a major problem on the Z32’s. I’ve been warned about it, but I’ve been alright.

That’s odd…I have blue flames coming out my muffler fast and furious stylez. How’s your gas mileage? Mines horrible…it drinks 94 octane like beer. Maybe it just needs a tune… :anal

I get about 400km to the tank. I blow the occasional blue, but nothing to be concerned about.

Its really horrible on my S12. I wouldnt mind fixing it.

I have the same rich problem. 320-400km a tank. I only do about 1500km a year so it hasn’t been a big concern. I will be recirculating with the clear hose they sell at RONA.

Andy, the only way to fix it, is to move the maf to the cold side - blow through setup. As for suck through type setup on maf, there is nothing you can do to fix that.

ps: hows that grounding kit doing? :finga:

same problem with my ca18 but it is kinda cool when u get the big 2 foot flame that lights up the neighbourhood out of your tail pipe BANG !!! it even scares me sometimes hahaha

and the little kids walking behind our cars hahaha

Hey now, the grounding stabilizer was purchased as a test item, so that everyone could see the results and decide whether it is worth getting or not. I’m doing everyone a favor here, so stfu Jacko!

Not to thread jack, but I go 1000kms every WEEK! :vom:

:lol: whats worng with flames???.. i love them, only get a big one now and then :E woot woot

1000kms a week is realistic to what I’ll be doing in the summer, after all I did build the thing to drive it.

As for the flames…they’re turning my bumper black and it’s annoying having to clean it every day. I guess it is kinda cool having a burst of blue fire escaping from the car…probably looks cool at night haha. Bad for the rings though.

So ultimately, some people have the problem, some don’t. I guess it’s time to try re-circulating then. Thanks for the input guys.

I recall a conversation with Clark Stepplar, you have to re-circ the BOV because the ECU doesn’t know where the air is just measured coming in went when it vents out the BOV…

I know everyone wants a loud BOV and re-circing it may make it quiet, but anyone who has heard mine is usually surprised how loud it is and it’s a re-circ :slight_smile: