SR20 headgasket question

For an S13 Redtop SR20DET:

I have 9.0:1 compression pistons as compared to the stock 8.5:1 compression ratio. Now what size of metal head gasket will I need without reducing that compression ratio by too much? Greddy 1mm?

Why did you get higher comp pistons?

I wouldn’t go less than 9.0:1 with new pistons, more power all around. I believe stock is 1.1mm. Depending on your cam lift , I’d probably go 1.2 mm.

I’ll be running 256’s on both intake and exhaust.

And to answer the last question, higher compression=more power.

And to answer the last question, higher compression=more power.[/quote]

but doesnt that mean u cant run as much boost safely…i thought higher comp pistons only really worked good on NA motors? dont burn me if i am wrong

but doesnt that mean u cant run as much boost safely…i thought higher comp pistons only really worked good on NA motors? dont burn me if i am wrong[/quote]
Thats why i asked.

Thats what I thought.

True you can’t run as much boost, but your increasing volumetric effieciency which provides more power. Everybody goes different ways. The only thing I’m concerned about is detention which I can control with an intercooler and higher octane fuel.

They also provide thermal efficiency which turns fuel into more useable power because it burns hotter.

Is your teacher gonna tell you to sit in the corner?

lol what the hell are you talking about Dave?

[/quote]

lol oh fuck. I meant detonation. Gimmie a break. I had alittle too much :drinkers: on the weekend and I’m tired!

But what lift? Duration doesn’t affect piston height.

10.5mm lift