SR20 manifold gaskets.

Well looks like i have to do the turbo and manifold gaskets if i wanna make it to the track saturday :|…so im ordering the gaskets in the morning. but was jsut wondring for people that have done it…problmes you ran into first time doing it snags ect…im praying i can get this done by friday night. so any tips would really help…thanks

its not to bad. don’t loose the washers on the oil lines.

YOu may want a new nut locking plate too, sometimes they get a little weak, also Z32 part (IIRC)

be prepared to replace the turbo nuts, mine wanted to round when I was retightening it down so I told them to fckoff and replaced them with new ones to avoid having round nuts.

Right now im looking for locking plate and nut part nubmers i ordered thre gaskets be in tomaorw…

Found the part # for them so parts in tomaorw and get started…lets hope i can get this done!

all the parts are off …the turbo gasket was blown…so i ordered from nissan for tomaorw after noon to come in putting it back together will be the hard part i think today wasent to bad really… heres some piks

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/GTChampion/DSC03607.jpg

only 2 NON locking bolts were holding the manifold on the turbo! and 1 was loose!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/GTChampion/DSC03613.jpg

Hey dude, I went through the Exact same problem last summer. I heard it’s not very uncommen that those gaskets go. Some words of advice:

Don’t loose those little copper washer-gasket thingys, I lost one and tried to replace it with something else and no dice, I had to tear everything down again and re-do it. But if you do goto Fluidline they have them, there in Burlington and Oakville, but those are the only ones that ive been too.

Of course taking those coolent and oil lines are easy to take off, but they can be a pain in the ass to put back on lol, just take your time try not to bend them.

And always, always re-tighten the bolts from the exhaust manifold to the head, a day later, and again a week after that.

Cheers~