SR20 Red top build

:ohnoes x2

:ohnoes :ohnoes

Fried or not, we can fix it. It’s just wires… and ecu, and all the sensors… and… and… expensive :lol

If power is staying on with the key removed that points to a pretty serious short somewhere in the harness…and this whole “I turned the key and a puff of smoke came out from under the hood” kinda indicates that as well.

Yeah I wasn’t there for the puff of smoke thing… I’m probably heading over there tonight and help him out a bit. But as soon as the mosquito’s get bad I’m leaving

If I fried the harness guys the car would not start not turn over not send signal to any of my sensors. I went over all my grounds and power and confirmed stuff was powering up. I am getting signal, I am getting fuel, I am getting spark. I have examined the harness and it is not melted or frayed in any area. I have had nothing but problems with this car… from shops not wanting to work on it to the diaster last summer. I guess I expect answer and too much in life. I have wasted a whole summer on this car an am about done. Everybody on this forum gets to drive there car to meets like I use to do back in the day, except me… I am sick of being the only guy on this forum without a car… I would rather drive a geo metro with a fart can on it then drive my daily drivers. I bum rides from the guys that are cool with me just to participate in this scene.

I will give anyone 500$ to 1000$ dollars to get my car running by this weekend. I am a man of my word …call me out on this wager

500+ steves car for a week. :nana

ill help ya if you wanna arrange meet at ur hizouse.

The “power when key is out” issue might be something to do with the main power connection at the fuse/relay box under the hood or your ECCS ignition relays which are part of your engine harness, should be near the computer.

It’s not about the money you put into a car it’s about the time and quality of work. I spent 100% of my summer last year putting my car together. I started working on it in May and was able to drive it in September. I spent every minute of free-time I had on it. All my weekends and even took days off of work to get it running. I ran into many problems but never gave up. I’ll help you out Friday and bring a bunch of parts that you might be able to use.

In order to have a reliable vehicle you need to take your time and do things the right way the first time. Don’t rush on it if you want this car to be a daily driver in fair weather.

Funny Jeff :lol

:lol so basically i get paid 500 to drive your car for a week. NOT to bad of an idea ::slight_smile:

Actually, If Jer can’t get his car going by his birthday he was going to pay me $500 to drive my car for a day. That’s what he offered me, naturally I declined.

::slight_smile: naturally ::slight_smile:

So for anyone that cares we will be toying with this car one more night on friday from 2-7. Hope to see jeff, mike, and anyone else that feels bad for my retarded ass. I figured atleast someone would step up for a chalenge and take my cash but I guess not. If car does not run I will be either towing to CT to a 240 shop or selling locally for crack head cheap. I want options not failure in my life. FAIL FAIL FAIL

who wants the fastest power plant in the 518? Pm me for details

DO NOT JUST GIVE UP.

I’ll come over tomorrow (friday) 2-7 to help (I might be free all night, . If we get it running you don’t need to pay me anything. However, I may need a ride to get there.

So make sure someone is bringing a multimeter, and I’ll ask around if anyone has an oscilloscope. If it really becomes a shit-show I’ll call up my friend in Cohoes who advised me with MSin the 86.

Pretty lofty claim considering it hasn’t moved under it’s own power yet :haha

JK :tong

Don’t give up man, you have to BE CAREFUL check everything TWICE before saying ‘it’s done’

You’ve really rushed through this and I’ve been trying to tell you this all along, you can’t just slap everything together with stuff like this, being meticulous and precise is KEY.

oh, and most of all…PATIENT.

I got a multimeter and an o-scope. I can bring those and some other tools. Somebody bring bug spray if I forget lol.

Oh yeah thanks for reminding me I’ll be wearing long sleeves for sure!

I have my car loaded with tons of tools and goodies. Can’t find the bug spray though…

You havent even left yet? He’s been there all night :rofl

Or are you going tomorrow…yeah nm :rofl

Yeah I’ll be there tomorrow probably around 4