sr20 swap -- prices and locations !!!

instead you can put a sticker that says “my mechanic, not I, built it but at least I paid for it”

[QUOTE=prozac3ne2nr;3270458 “my mechanic, not I, built it but at least I paid for it”[/QUOTE]

Hell yeah :slight_smile:

s13 sr motorset will run you 1600-2900
a hoist is always faster and easyer but paying for nut and bolt work is never cheap and has no self pride factor + money saved can get you some parts or money in your pocket for gas and insurance

doing it your self is not that hard its really not if your going to do pay for anything is pay for you harness but again its can be done on your own frsport has i write up
but things you will need are…
dp/exhaust (elbow is a good idea while the motor is on the floor)
fuel pump
mounts (again not needed but a good idea while engine is on the floor)
intercooler/piping
fluids
filters
if you have a s13 and its 89-90 (sohc) you will need the lines for your ps and a dohc cluster
DIY!!!

Isn’t there a good chance for first-time DIYers to screw something up that would end up costing more?
Not all of us who love S-chassis are mechanics or studying auto mechanics or have a background/family in automechanics
aka me lol and I would have zero space to do this if I were to swap.

Don’t get me wrong though, if someone were there to help me though I wouldn’t mind wrenching at it 110% I’m all for “built not bought” as long as I have the resources to do it lol

If you have no space thats one thing
but engine removal is harder then install
dont be scared
After it is done u will be like i cant beleve i was going to pay for someone to do this

+1 For Riyad that is.
I do my work myself, but I’ve purchased parts from him and seen the work he does. Quality stuff.

As for the one saying he quoted you $5500 for an SR swap, I find that hard to believe.

I think the user by the name of JonathanPrem got quoted ~$5500 for an SR swap in a past thread as well?

3600 for a motor swap OMG thats fucked up if you really want to piss away money check sasha or mike varuns buddy

Lets me break down the cost. 5500 is with taxes

• you get entire front clip min body parts( motor, rad. shroud smic and harness)
  • intalling it (with harness wiring+ everything from clip goes into your whip)
    -OEM water pump replacement
    -AC installed(500 option )

Bring car with no motor and good harness will get discount

paying 5500 for a SR swap is ridiculous lol.

DIYYYYY

Hey Jonathan, are you sure that figure of $5500 was not for an RB swap? Because it sounds like it (somewhere between $5500 and $5800).
And I know that an SR swap will set you back about $3700 (minus body panels) from Riworx (S14 1/2 cut minus panels - $2400. Install - $1200. New Water pump - ~$95) . I know a guy (not on the forums) who had an SR swap done on his S14, and it did not cost anywhere near $5500, and he had the a/c installed as well

^ Didn’t Kristian get quoted 5500 for his SR swap from him? And that’s without the engine being in the car.

Could be wrong though.

Also, +1 for DIY. I’ve never paid for/brought my car to a shop for anything mechanical related.

Dan, I honestly cannot remember what Kristian was quoted. I will admit that my short term memory is not the best these days. But I will ask Kris the first chance I get. If he did get quoted $5500 for the swap, even with current engine already pulled, I would need to see the breakdown because that figure sounds too high for just the engine swap.

Lolerskates, I wouldn’t pay a penny if I got quoted $5500. LOL

I got quoted $3300

$2200 for an s14 sr, with tranny, clutch, brand new water pump, SMIC, blah blah.

$1100 for labour.

since im pulling my own motor out thats gonna knock off ~$200

and im replacing the front main seal and rear main seal so add another ~$50

Business is Business as they say.
Lower price for equally as good work. Sr swaps are the backbone of most the legit shops around. RS tuning, SG, Riworx - they all do it right, might as well get it cheaper right?
As an owner you want to save as much cash as possible, that’s being fiscally responsible. You don’t want to bounce around shops either. They hate that.
Here is that break down / previous $5500 quote. including tax, cmon now. Never hapened.Are you paying by CC?

http://www.son240sx.org/showthread.php?222528-Anyone-buy-or-do-swap-Riworkx&highlight=swap

Be wise,don’t be arrogant.There are people who now more and take them wiht you when you get price quotes always. Sad to say but I’ve been hearing so much stories
of shops quoting ridiculous amounts and making charges up in their billing. Don’t let them pull the wool over your eyes. Be vigilant.

Go buy a motor ecu trans and harness for 1200-1500 get a cherry picker and pull out ur ka and install the sr. Simple as that can be done in a weekend in ur driveway. I just saved u 2000 dollas