SR20DET Engine temp sensor

well my car would hit rev limiter at 2500 and i just put on a N62 MAF that i was told worked perfectly so i looked into this a bit and found out that the temp sensor for the ECU can casue the same thing so i did a test on the sensor and i had ZERO resistance.

Point being i need a new one is there a cross refference number some one could give me for a like KA or something simalar if there is one

isn’t there two temp sensors? right beside each other? one for ur gauge and one for the ecu? swap for temp fix? i do believe they have different resistance values for different year SR’s IIRC

This shit is painful to read. It sounds like bad wiring on the MAFS to me.

I don’t think a bad or unplugged temp sensor can cause the car to go into limp mode. Unplugged TPS might cause it.

Are you sure the 300zx MAF is wired correctly? I don’t see your temp sensor going right at the same time you did the switch which leads me to believe your MAF may have a crossed wire. When it is wired incorrectly it will not rev past 2500 and will run extremely rich. Still i could be wrong but i would doudble check.

the motor was just put in the maf wiring is right i looked into it and i have read the ecu will go into limp mode if the temp sensor is not working and i checked the temp sensor and it is done it is open i got no resitance through it and there are 2 temp sensors but one is just for the gauge and only is a 1 wire the other one is the sensor for the ecu

Its the mafs wiring, only an mafs issue will cause limp mode.

Bad ECT sensor just causes the engine to dump in lots of fuel as it assumes it -80c outside.

Want to be sure, find a buddy with a running SR unplug everything except the mafs and coil, car will start and rev. Unplug the mafs car will not rev over 2500.

:slight_smile:

Anyone want to make bets aside from what’s causing limp mode??

z32 MAFS with stock computer? safc with wrong sensor input output? or combination stock computer and 550cc injectors?

ECU isnt stock its a mines and its is tuned for 550cc injectors and a z32

Mines tuned is still stock ECU… may be retuned for Z32 MAFS though… in which case I’ve got my money on the MAFS’s being wired upside down.

Does it stop DEAD at 2500 or can it float above 2500 to 3000 or so?

If I were you I’d plug in a stock SR maf… I’m willing to bet it will run like a champ afterwards. :slight_smile: