sr20det overheating

So my sr is overheating, it has a ka rad, and it will only overheat whiles driving.if i pull over and let the car run with the altima fans on and interior blower on it cools down. I can drive again after that and it will get hot again, and then i pull over and let it cool down at the side of the road, again leaving the car running.

Its quite annoying, any help is appreciated.

also for some of the smaller piping such as the heater core hoses and stuff like that there are some kinks, dont no if it would matter, as im sure presssure would open it up.

that kink might be doing it since its holding the coolant back. kinda like a closed t-stat. ive got the ka rad and the clutch fan with no shroud and mine doesnt overheat. i would get that kink out then see whats happening.

ye thats what im gonna do theres a few kinks lol

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e182/randyrashid/240sx/315661_10150315294357171_513942170_7896313_1259142651_n.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e182/randyrashid/240sx/318365_10150315293967171_513942170_7896309_1677258959_n.jpg

That would probably be your cause. That’s quite the kink lol

ahahah true

buy my aluminum sr rad… thatll make huge difference

what chassis u have that engine installed in?

s13

oh nvm then. If it was s14 I would have said it might just be the coolant temp sender…

i thought it might be that cuz the tach is messed up it reads on the opposite side of the guage and reacts to the blower motor?:S im gonna try an aftermarket guage.

---------- Post added at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 PM ----------

I also touched the radiator when it was overheating after pulling over and the rad was cool at the bottom only hot near the top inlet?

i would check to see if the coolant temp sensor and related wiring is in spec. replace t stat and get rid of the kink. as for the tach it sounds like you have some gremlins to sort out

would also flush the rad and engine and fill with new coolant.

yup gonna take it into the garage tommorow, and fix everything nicely

Any luck?

ye i think i got it but i havent really taken it on any journey lol. But seemed to have been either timing, thermostat, or cap issue cuz i changed them all lol