SR20DET Power Upgrade Walkthrough

Sasha’s information is pretty good but it’s just a general guideline to give people an idea on what they would need to do to achieve certain power levels. Of course everything can be argued if you think about it.

It’s like asking why some guy can only hold his breath under water for 30 seconds but another guy can hold it for 2 minutes. The same goes with the Power FC, with the right amount of tuning, you should be able to push a car to over 500whp with no problems assuming that your motors internals can handle it to begin with.

And the MAFS vs MAP debate will always continue.

People say that MAFS is more accurate because its reading the actual amount of air that is being passed through the MAFS. It’s more difficult to tune.

MAP on the other hand works based on “calculating” the amount of air that is coming in. However, when it gets cold out and the air becomes denser, some people say that you can’t really reap the benefits of that colder air unless you re-tune your car for that. It’s easier to tune.

Anyways correct me if I’m wrong and I myself am still deciding which route to go. MAP or Z32 MAF. (Going for 300whp max)