SR20DET QUESTION?

Does anyone have an idea how much boost a stock bottom end can hold safely?(SR20DET)

I heard @ 18psi is that true… Or false??

it can hold ~400bhp what ever boost you need to get there on what ever turbo your running makes no differeace.

I heard the stock T25 losses grunt after 14psi, stock injectors maxed…?

motor, on a stock headgasket, 18psi would be too much of a gamble for my liking

Ya I would not go over 15psi On the stock head Gasket and that is if it is in good shape

stock t25’s, most is 16 psi, after that it doesnt do anything and your just killing the turbo.

stock bottom end has gone up to 500rwhp but ~ 400whp is more realistic if well tuned. if improperly tuned you’d be lukcy to hit 300.

stock mafs and turbo are only good till 250, maybe a hair higher

stock injectors give out before 275whp

you should have a metal headgasket and ARP studs when you upgrade any of these parts for reiabilties sake.

good luck running more than 300whp on stock headgasket.

someone send me a link of a stockheadgasket failing

doesnt happen below 350

stop with the lies

stock block sr can hold tons of power as long as you give it enough fuel and dont put in too much spark

if you dont take care of it it is really easy to blow it up any power level above 350whp

Injectors are maxed by 10-11psi (98+% Duty) and odds of hitting 250whp @ even 16psi is very slim

i heard that the motor is aluminum with iron sleeves and solid deck…

Anyone has any pics of short block?

edited due to me brain is shut off

Dumb… Ass http://modifiedsociety.com/forum/Smileys/default/bj.gif

Wanna know if it has a solid deck…? u know where the head bolts on to

of course it has a solid deck , and of course it has iron sleves, aluminium would melt, i guess u couldnt see the sarcasam in my last post

sorry, yes all aluminium with the exeption of the iron sleeves, yes the block deck is solid

thanks man… Was that so hard… http://modifiedsociety.com/forum/Smileys/default/36_1_12.gif

kinda , sorry i have a hard time noit being a dick , but i hope that helps

lol i love it when people makeup info

theres people running 400 whp daily driven on the stock headgasket.

and one person on FA who had a boost spike shooting him up to 465 whp and the head gasket survived.

Well DTS, keyword is SOME. Like there are some people who have hit high 300s in a ka-t on stock internals. But that is just some people. Not everyone can run 400whp daily driven on a stock headgasket in an SR. The SR engine isn’t invincible.

We bought a used SR with a blown headgasket, and it was stock.

Spilner’s headgasket popped, and there’s no way he was running 400 whp.

You can’t just guess when a motor will or won’t fail unless it’s fresh.

Does your SR knock, or in any way start/run like a bag of crap? Odds are it won’t hold much over what it’s pushing now.

Some guys can’t keep stock SRs from blowing apart and some people have 400whp daily drivers.

Typically you WANT a headgasket to pop. It keeps the motor from going pop instead. Better head bolts (like new OEM even) will help keep the head from lifting.

lol yea its funny, happenes all the time, and when you ask something or state seomthing there all like ‘nope’ or they say ‘no!’ and just reword the same thing, and have absolutely no way to support theyr facts, the world is full of people like that