ss rattling

hey guys in recently install my ss and when ever im at liek high revs or down shift i hear a very annoying ratting sound like something is spinning freeely. anyidea whats going on?
thanks
mikey

Which SS is it?

if its a megan its fairly common, dont worry about it too much

i believe he has a b&m.

yes sir its a b&m. any ideas? it only happens at hig revs and wheni downshift.

the b&m rattles too at high rpms

so i shouldn be worried about anything? this is a common issue wiht short shifters?

from what iv seen yes i have talked to a few shops that sell b&m’s too about it and they say that theres a rattle in them at high rpms but i dont know how to stop it i have the same prob in both my 240s

is it almost like a buzzing/rattle type sound?..

i know numerous ppl with b&m’s that do that…

no damage will be done unless u installed it wrong…or if u need new bushing and gaskets for the shifter…

in which i have all the gaskets bushings ring clips and the plastic piece on the bottom end of the shifter…straight from nissan.

i was thinking of greasing up the springs under the ring really good and hopefully that will stop it i think thats what rattling cuz i chhaged the pignot busing to the oem one and its on really tight all of the bolts are on tight sooo it has to be somting under the ring.

is it like…buzzing like a super charger when u down shift and when ur killing redline…iff so dont even bother,u can greese er up but for sum reason thats normal for those shifters…trust me i know of at least 5 ppl with that shifter and not just 240’s…

84 toyota celica supra=buzzes
91 dohc 240=buzzes
89 sohc 240=buzzes
not sure wut year…bmw m3=buzzes
and i no 2 vw golf gti vr6,1 with stock vr6 one swapped in,once again they all do that shit!

NOOOOO idea y probly just cuz the plate is thinner and allows more noise thru the fire wall and tranny…who knows

dont stress tho…unless ur hearing actuall rattleing?

no im not lol. ok i was just streesssin over it lol. thanks bro