Ssssssssssssss?

I agree that Kdibz tuner sucks! Andrew, we will run them off whenever, just let me know.

toontoontoon

This tard-tuner is blowing up NA cars?! Ha.

I am thinking about maybe swinging in later saturday afternoon to talk to him.

Drew, you and I need to go to A.S.S. – We’ll get your car on the dyno and I’ll joke all these local and fly-by-night tuners. 5+ years, still running strong only street tuned by me.

Sorry to hear KJugz and the other dude popped. What did they have like 35 deg’s timing in that thing?!!? ROFL

THIS. Spray and pray is overrated, know whats going on in your motor and tone it back to be safe. As the above blownup examples show, $10K for a new crate motor (no idea on the price so dont go there) isnt worth 3-5 more deg’s of timing and walking the PING line to the point of Kboom just to get 15more whp out of a 4500lb truck. last I checked nobody here is racing for money in such a close compitition where 5% more whp is the difference between win/loose and making bank.

Your on the right path, the car runs like a rapeed ape, makes plenty of power… make it hook and handle and it will blow the doors off sketchy ass cars making 100 more hp.

Mr i never street race himself has been challanging a lot of people lately huh.

I run 32* of advance and 12.7:1 AFR across the boards WOT, I could advance it more if I wanted but it doesn’t help power much at that point.

I know in the case of Drew’s car the timing table looked more like a set of broken stairs in an abandoned building and so did the VE table. Overall the advance is very very low for his setup. I don’t think it’s unsafe, just not optimal.

I don’t think 35* is not too much for a NA 10:1 CR cam and header LSX. our heads have great chambers for a 2 valve head but not as good as a pentroof 4 valve like Honda, Mitsu, Ecotec, Toyota, ect…

Point taken tho. The numbers are great but I would take his tune and pull a degree or two and add some fuel. Im guessing the AFR is at fault considering that both vehicles were tuned in warm weather and blew in colder weather.

Some smoothing and blending is in order! I have only been using my EFI Live for a month but I know this ^ can’t be good

This is the first time I agree that Drew should get a retune. Or just have it looked over by another tuner and get a second opinion. I would be concerned if it were my car.

if u dont mind me asking whats your car making for power? seems like its pretty set up

<— this guy looked at it. It’s not going to break, it has MORE power left in though.

Spikey VE and Spark Tables are no bueno. Fix them for him!

Andrew, you should really really ask the owner of the vehicle what happened before posting shit like this. I don’t apreciate being woken up this morning by somebody who does know the full story telling me your running your mouth.

#1 My truck did not blow up.

#2 Get your facts straight I Spun a rod bearing.

#3 Do your research, This is the 2nd most common failure on a TBSS regardless if it is tuned or modified. (2nd to the weak 4L70E Trans)

#4 You would also know from said researching that Stock TBSS’s with 3k on them have had this same exact thing happen to them! I am at 82k this is no surprise to me that it happened I have fully expected it since I bought the truck.

#5 Ryans car (Seans Brother) - They do not know what caused it to blow up yet as it has not been torn apart. And the “Tuner” has already been in contact with them and they were told the day after it happened to call him after he heard about it.

SO please next time you decide to throw my business out there ask me for the story first like the mature people did when they found out about it. kthx.

not exactly… it will be back up and running soon… minor issue just need to pull it out and deciding to do a few things while it is out.

Great question. as far as mine… stupid flaw with LS2 in the TBSS /story … with Ryan they won’t know until they pull the motor.

that’s right you don’t know so you may as well shut up and see what sean finds out instead of guessing.

Not at all. He only travels when customers request him to travel. Like I had told people before he came out here many of us TBSS people asked him to come out here and since he was going to be based out of Albany I let everybody know he would be here and asked if anybody was interested.

again you people really need to do research before running your mouths. People like you travis are the reason I do NOT come on this site anymore unless somebody tells me to check something out.

Thanks. and I couldn’t agree more about the timing. If anybody had consulted the tuner they would know that he has the same outlook as well.

KJUGZ IN FOR THE KILL

Spinning a rod bearing can MOST CERTAINLY be attributed to knock OR the shitty front-sump in the stock oil pan… I guess it really depends on which bearing it is.

I know how awful the tune is BY DIRECT OBSERVATION (in Drew’s car). Like I said, I don’t think his is unsafe, it’s just leaving power on the table.

#5 or 6 most likely. I will know more when I tear it apart (these are the most common on the TBSS)

you said the motor didnt blow up but what exactly happened? im definitely not on anyones side here i dont know nor care for any lsx tuners so i just want to know the full story.

if you read my response to andrew that you quoted you will see what happened…

#2 Get your facts straight I Spun a rod bearing.”

#3 Do your research, This is the 2nd most common failure on a TBSS regardless if it is tuned or modified. (2nd to the weak 4L70E Trans)”

#4 You would also know from said researching that Stock TBSS’s with 3k on them have had this same exact thing happen to them! I am at 82k this is no surprise to me that it happened I have fully expected it since I bought the truck.”

meh, same thing lol