Stalling car

Alright, so this has happened 3 times since i bought the car 2 months ago. It stalls sometimes when im moving. Today I was going 60 km/hr and it stalled… This is my first standard car so im not sure if i did something to make this happen or my car is fucked lol. Any help would be nice. I hate when it does it cause i almost die. my brakes lock up and my steering is really hard to move. T_T HELP!

Your brakes lock up and your powersteering is hard to move because when the car is off, the engine is not making vacuum for the booster and the belt on the power steering pump isn’t turning so you have no power assist. Does it do anything before it dies a.k.a. run rough? or does it just stall? It could be a number of things, fuel pump, loss of primary ignition, computer problem. Is there a check engine light on or any codes stored in the computer?

I wouldn’t know what causes that but honestly you should get that checked out as soon as you can, cuz that sounds really dangerous.

It is very dangerous. Let me tell you a little story about what I did when I first installed my audio system in the car. I was doing my wiring, I put the sub in the back and all that, but to do all the wiring I had to take the neg. ground terminal off the battery. I did this several times, and it got loose. While I was driving it popped off, everything went dark, my steering went heavy etc… Once I came to a stop, I didn’t know what to do because it was night, and I was in the middle of the road with NO LIGHTS. Have a flashlight in the car at all times loll. I had to pop the hood, run as fast as i could, pop the terminal back on, start the car, and GTFO of that spot. lol

Get your battery terminals turned upside down and use a rubber mallet to knock them into place so they stay. Also buy some throttle body cleaner from Canadian Tire for like 5 bucks, and spray it into the IACV hose going to your intake manifold. That will help you with your idle and it helps with stalling problems when coming to a stop. Might as well clean your MAF with brake cleaner while you’re at it, then seafoam that bitch. I had more fun seafoaming my car that a normal person should. SO MUCH SMOKE :smiley: haha

Do a search on NICO or something for “IACV idle” and you will find plenty of information.

Best of luck, and please be safe. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yah it is very dangerous lol, Well before it does it i usually know, car just acts funny then i see the stall thing on the HUD. My check engine light isn’t on but it may be broken. I asked one of my buddys and he said that the timing belt might be off. lol, im not a pro at cars yet, so im not sure what a MAF and a IACV is lol sorry dont flame, trying to learn.

I sounds pretty intermittent, so its going to be hard to diagnose. I have heard that there is a problem with some of the 92’s and 93’s where corossion builds up on the top of the sending unit and it grounds itself out… but usually the car wont start again. I would say a that a MAF sounds logical but who knows it could be something wierd like TPMS. We had a nissan sentra with a similar problem it had a wiring issue i cant remember what we did to fix it but ill ask the other guys today. Just try to get someone to look at it as soon as it happens.

This happened in my gtr, it stalled when i was in the middle of a tight corner, almost smashed into the wall, never got to fix the problem tho

Hmmm, Yah it sucks. I told my teacher about it today he said that it may just be corrosion, so I dunno hes a little bit of a dummy lol. Im going to clean my whole engine bay with seafoam and clean out the hoses, that may work.