Stanley Cup

Ducks deserved that win. They played very well.

[quote=“JDMR2,post:99,topic:30019"”]

the guy who fired a puck at a true veteran “deserves” a win? ngr plz…alfredson is the douchebag…

[/quote]

being that he’s been close in voting for the past two years for the Lady Byng that seems like its something he does frequently. Heaven forbid someone steps out of character, cause his team plays like shit.:cjerk:

i think this sums it up correctly…

No. 97 Author: kprimo50

From a Flyers fan in L.A. who holds season tickets to the Kings, seeing the Ducks manhandle the Sens was a sweet ending to a bitter season. The Ducks were the superior team in virtually every facet of the game, and I’m so glad they won, as now everyone else will try and find that elusive combination of size, speed, grit and goaltending instead of turning their team into a bunch of speedy twits like the Sabres. Good, old fashioned hockey won and that’s good for the game. Congrats Ducks, you did good. Stanley will be shiny in that So Cal sunshine!

Yeah, for how great the Sabres 4 scoring lines looked all season when it tightened up in the playoffs it was very clear a solid checking line was going to be needed. Ottawa won their games with 1 amazing line, that got almost completely shut down by a big checking line of the Ducks.

Watching the Ducks made me realize the Sabres would be a lot more fun to watch if they actually had some guys willing to deliver the big hits. Here’s to hoping for the off season.

And PassMyAss… I bought into that crap about, “You want the team that beat you to win the cup, because you’ll feel you got closer” bullshit last year. Watching the douchebags from from Carolina did not make me feel better, and had I had to watch Neil lift the cup this year I probably wouldn’t have even watched the cup presentation, something any true hockey fan watches regardless of the team that wins.

So GO DUCKS! :slight_smile:

Screw that it wasn’t about who beat the Sabs or didn’t or whatever. I was cheering for the better team to win. We can go into ‘well if’ situations all day long but, IF the sabres played to their potential it would have been a better series than Sens/Ducks. Though I do not think the outcome would have been much different, but who knows.

Congrats to the Ducks they deserved it, Ott did not and that is what it boils down to.

[quote=“JDMR2,post:98,topic:30019"”]

fucking lol

one western team beats an eastern team and here we go again :roll:

i still failed to see vancouver near the finals :gotme:

:stuck_out_tongue:

[/quote]

well according to some theories i’ve seen by people on here, since vancouver lost to anaheim, that makes them like… the 3rd best team in the league then right? :rofl:

I’m so glad the Ducks won

[quote=“JayS,post:104,topic:30019"”]

And PassMyAss… I bought into that crap about, “You want the team that beat you to win the cup, because you’ll feel you got closer” bullshit last year. Watching the douchebags from from Carolina did not make me feel better, and had I had to watch Neil lift the cup this year I probably wouldn’t have even watched the cup presentation, something any true hockey fan watches regardless of the team that wins.

So GO DUCKS! :slight_smile:

[/quote]

I think you sorta missed my point. Last year’s SCF’s went to 7 games in a very tight series. I would’ve loved to have seen Edmonton win, but they lost by a hair to Carolina. This year, however, the Ducks just fucking raped Ottawa- the team that bitch slapped the Sabre’s all over the place. It just makes me feel like this unbelievable year, where the cup was pretty much already in the Sabre’s mits, was all just a lie, skewed by the fact that the Eastern conference really IS that weak compared to the Western conference.

Had the Anaheim/Ottawa series gone 7 games, then go Ducks! But not in 5 :frowning:

[quote=“ILCisDEAD,post:102,topic:30019"”]

being that he’s been close in voting for the past two years for the Lady Byng that seems like its something he does frequently. Heaven forbid someone steps out of character, cause his team plays like shit.:cjerk:

[/quote]

so b/c he was nominated twice for a sportsmanship trophy, that makes him a great player deserving of glory? that hardly says anything for him IMO

good player? sure

“deserves it”? nah, he hasnt paid his dues yet

now selanne DESERVED IT and im glad he finally got his cup. he is a class act, flying in 16 of his old finnish teammates he promised to bring in if he ever made it to a cup. and i never heard of him firing a puck at someone after the play just b/c his team was playing bad boo hoo, b/c thats obviously a great reason for doing that :cjerk:

[quote=“Pass McGrass,post:108,topic:30019"”]

I think you sorta missed my point. Last year’s SCF’s went to 7 games in a very tight series. I would’ve loved to have seen Edmonton win, but they lost by a hair to Carolina. This year, however, the Ducks just fucking raped Ottawa- the team that bitch slapped the Sabre’s all over the place. It just makes me feel like this unbelievable year, where the cup was pretty much already in the Sabre’s mits, was all just a lie, skewed by the fact that the Eastern conference really IS that weak compared to the Western conference.

Had the Anaheim/Ottawa series gone 7 games, then go Ducks! But not in 5 :frowning:

[/quote]

Maybe you forgot, but Edmonton lost by a hair to Carolina after losing the goalie that got them there. Had Rollie stayed healthy, they would have mopped the floor with Carolina.

The cup being in the Sabres mits was a lie. A team who’s destiny is the cup does not struggle against the Islanders, Rangers, and then lose to Ottawa.

[quote=“JayS,post:110,topic:30019"”]

The cup being in the Sabres mits was a lie. A team who’s destiny is the cup does not struggle against the Islanders, Rangers, and then lose to Ottawa.

[/quote]

I was talking about the regular season.

They started off winning 10 in a row, they came back from the most 2-0 deficits in history, they had 4 players scoring more than 30 goals, they had a franchise record in wins/points, they had an all-star mvp, their 3rd line could’ve been a 1st line on 75% of the nhl’s teams…do I have to keep going?

I think you know what I meant by the cup being in the Sabres mits.

^ But, I think we can agree, that the whole point of the regular season is to get to the playoffs. Having an amazing regular season, then falling on your face in the playoffs is still a failure to me. It certainly was with this team, who all season displayed “One Team, One Goal” and mentioned it every time they were on camera.

[quote=“JDMR2,post:109,topic:30019"”]

so b/c he was nominated twice for a sportsmanship trophy, that makes him a great player deserving of glory? that hardly says anything for him IMO

[/quote]

I was saying that firing the puck at him was completely out of character for him. Nothing about him deserving a cup win.

22 point (the most in the playoffs) and 14 goals (the most in the playoffs) and just playing harder than anyone else… he deserved the win. I think alfredson is a great player, and deserved a stanley cup win.

oops, this is ILCisDEAD

[quote=“JayS,post:112,topic:30019"”]

^ But, I think we can agree, that the whole point of the regular season is to get to the playoffs. Having an amazing regular season, then falling on your face in the playoffs is still a failure to me. It certainly was with this team, who all season displayed “One Team, One Goal” and mentioned it every time they were on camera.

[/quote]

Most definitely…but that’s not what I’m saying.