Stealing Catalytic Converters

Eh, if they steal mine, it just gives me a reason to upgrade to high-flow. :tup:

yeah seriously, if i ever have a used cat i want some $$ for it

sounds like a good reason to go low. it’s harder to take a cat if your car is slammed to the ground.

meh… according to scrappa and the news, i mean… you know how hard it’d be to take the average cat off a car with stock ride height? it sounds like just vans, trucks… things with decent clearance/visibility anyways.

:word:

maybe those were the guys who stole my exhaust, maybe NOT

some one took my nice exhaust and left me my stock 14 year old CAT

well atleast it makes me feel better that am not the only one who got JACKED.

I did an alarm on a gm van a couple weeks ago. The only reason he got it done was b/c he had his cats stolen a couple times already.

Still want to know where you can sell these I have a few laying around.

they take them to the scrap yard…they give anywhere from 50-140 bux for a cat…most are being stolen from trucks and vehicles with alot of ground clearance…also many have been taken off brand new trucks at dealers

GTFOH! are you serious… wow!
Thats fucking sweet…I guess i just found my new 3rd shift job…lol jk

That blows…My wife told me this morning…THat dealer they were getting them from is not too far from my house…
That sux…

Fucking Thieves…Kill them all…why dont they just fucking die. :mad:

i think it was Adkins ford

bagged truck with frame on the ground = good luck to thief, thats if I actually took the truck anywhere this could happen.

It does suck for the victim of the crime, especially when you have to pay a deductable on this. Then you got some people who go with those companies with the low monthly rates but then get hit hard with their higher deductable. They said they got the one guy involved, id lock him up in the pen and make HIS insurance company cover all these bills.

how can you say the repair shop is the one who are the criminals?..i don’t hear you complain when they let you slide on something for inspection and whatnot. there is no bullsh*t in a 1000 catalytic convertor job. why you ask? because they are so expensive. as for high flow cat’s if i’m not mistaken i believe it could voids one’s warranty, not to mention not everybody wants a high flow cat. sure they are cheap and they work but are they for everyone? also i think it may be illegal for a shop to install a high flow cat on a road going vehicle as it can affect the emissions.

the whole point of high flow cats are to keep the car emissions legal, meaning it will pass emissions in a state that uses a sniffer.

So you’re telling me that if a company can make a high flow cat for roughly $100, they can’t make a regular flow cat for around the same amount? I’m sure there’s a little bit of a markup there, don’t you?

As for the customer if they HAD a CHOICE:

hrmmmmmm $100 cat vs. a $1000 cat… hrmmmmmm thats a tough decision.

At this point i just would like to add that i love OBD1.

im willing to bet dollars to doughnuts that theres a lot less material in a high flow cat.

Actually this happened to my company’s work van a few weeks back. The van was parked behind a 10 foot fence with barbed wire. Fucking thieves. Insurance paid to have it fixed, cost just over $500. That included a new cat, new cross over pipe/dp, new 02 sensor, and labor. The shops estimate and insurance adjuster were withen a few dollars of each other.

:word: yeah, i’m forever stuck in '95

You guys think that you could get this for 100$?

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b112/Jskrapper/155301.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b112/Jskrapper/155280.jpg

After you buy 3-4 universals…cut the old ones off, weld them in in the tightest spots under these things…you are at 500 or more. Sure there is a mark-up, but we all need to make a percentage to keep our doors open. the top one is $600ish retail and the bottom one is $400 retail.