Steel Toed Boots?

my boots are shot. i always have trouble finding a good pair. anyone have suggestions of stores that sell them? preferably closer to pittsburgh/airport area. thanks

if you didn’t mind waiting acouple days, try www.sportsmansguide.com they usually have decent prices.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/search/search.asp?r=Page%3A+%2FDefault.asp+KW+Box&s=SEARCH&a=search&k=steel+toe

red wings here

CRAFTON SHOE SERVICE
29 WALSH ROAD
CRAFTON PA 15205
412-921-4940

I have never found anything except Red Wing’s to hold up.

The Red-Head brand LTT (Lace To Toe) “operator” style boots I bought from Cabelas have been pretty good, except the laces lasted about 3 weeks. They are not steel toe, however.

One of the best steel toe boots (non-Red Wing) I ever owned was a pair I bought at Wal Mart of all places. They lasted me like 4 years before the soles wore out and the laces finally gave up the ghost. I doubt they still carry the exact ones that treated me so well.

Sears has a 6" steel toe for 34 bucks. They last exactly 2 weeks on normal people’s feet before the soles delaminate from the shoe and they end up pressing flexiglue or instabond down in there. Don’t get those.

Redwings…however I have bought some good boots from the sportsmansguide.

REDWINGS FTW. however, i was tight on money and bought walmart ones. they have lasted so far. deff. summer boots or indoor though.

I don’t know if that one place was posted that’s on rt. 60 going from crafton/ingram area to robinson. Near the beer distributor about 5 mins from the thornburgh bridge.

dicks in robinsoin has some really good pairs

what size boots do you wear

that crafton shoes store is great…

My dad gets his boots from Walmart, he wears them until the soles are worn smooth. Takes about a year. They’re cheap enough that the price isn’t bad once a year.

true on walmart price, but the redwings are 100 times more comfy.

I bought some timb pro series that fuckin rock. never had a better pair of boots

i bought adam a pair of red wings awhile back and he said they work great

I get a couple of years out of sears boots, and their cheap. No padding though.

don’t get doc martens. i had a pair and even with insoles in, my damn hips hurt all the time and the heels ended up tearing out of them after about 9 months. took me a while to figure out how my socks always ended up so dirty, haha. not very often that shoes/boots rip there.
bought a cheap pair of walmart ones to ruin at work and they’ve been ok so far i guess. i didn’t really expect much of them to begin with though.

thats cause doc’s arent ment for that they are dress boots

shit i have 3 pair and have had the oldest pair for atleast 6 years and they are still comfy

i bought 35 dollar boots from walmart for the past 2-3 years they last about 8 months or so. that was 60 or so hours a week work. i finally broke down on tuesday and bought redwing shoes. paid about 130 bucs for them. tonight we had a winch out that took about an hour and i was outside stright thru and my feet were 100% warm and dry. i love these boots they are unbelievably comfy. def will never go back to cheap as walmart boots after these ones.

these ones were definitely made to be work boots. they were the black industrial grizzly’s. i have some of the more dressy ones too that have been great, but the steel toe work boots just sucked.

I wear carolinas which are nice and last me about 2-3 years.

But I have heard nothing but wonderful things about wolverine, even from guys that have worn redwings for years. I think my next pair will probably be wolverines even though for some reason they never appealed to me. enough people love them that I will give them a try.

I usually buy online, since it is cheaper but you have to know your size or be willing to chance it and possibly have to send them back to exchange sizes.

i wear only rocky logging boots. steel toe, comfortble, gortex etc. i have two pair, one i wear all day at work in the shop, and one pair i wear out. the work pair has lasted me about 4 years now. 4 years of wearing them everyday. and they are still going strong. think i’m getting my moneys worth. (oh yeah, did i mention i wear them on brush and forest fires also? )

as far as stores, i know you said burgh/airport area, but if you feel frisky and want to take a trip, M&M Leather Goods in greensburg is a great store for boots. prices are fair, tons of stuff always on sale, and they are friendly down to earth people that don’t heckle you like at other stores.