Steve's Blown Formula

Steve brought us a 87 Formula with one request. Make it Run!

We looked it over, made a long list and got to work. The engine was set in and the 6-speed conversion was started, but alot of issues had to be worked out to make all the parts play nice together. Wiring was @ the top of the list, and making the fuel system safe and capable of supporting some blown horsepower followed.

Next we tackled the underside, with the custom trans crossmember we crafted being necessary to clear the y from the long tube headers. The y-pipe was welded together to eliminate leaks from too many clamps.

The clutch received alot of attention as the pedal travel and pin location had to be set. A full complement of gages was installed and wired.

There were another thousand little things that needed to be addressed, and once it was all taken care of… ah, the sweet sound of a blower on a run… :slight_smile:

nytrus1 uploaded this video to

sounds like it rips pretty good!

just under a decade to finish it too…

is that Testicles car???

yes it is :slight_smile:

thank you a ton, these guys are the best. fuckin runs sweet as hell

Hey I remember that car…

[quote=“psychopjv,post:3,topic:33953"”]

just under a decade to finish it too…

[/quote]

:spam::spam::spam::spam::spam::spam::spam:

good job salty

:spam::spam::spam::spam::spam::spam::spam:

It sounded really good the other night on the cruise to the park.

We had no idea what we were getting into when 87Fox made the call to take this project on, but Im glad we picked it up. I was really impressed by how well it moved and how everything came together in the end.

The crossmember was 1 of a kind, except that Jeremy saw it and needed one too, so we are now in the 3rd gen crossmember business. With the narrow frame rails, we werent able to find any other crossmember in production that fits long tubes correctly.

The clutch pedal Steve received had a pin/bracket welded on that didnt give enough travel and also wasnt the correct length, so that was one of a number of unexpected issues. The bracket had to be removed and repositioned, and the master cyl mounting point tweaked so that it would stay attached and actually engage the clutch.

Slighty different head castings also produced spots on one of the heads that was covered slightly by the gasket but not by the intake manifold. We found a different style gasket that provided better coverage and then welded on the intake to build up material in those corners so that it would clamp better.

Now that its together, I got the bug to pick up another 3rd gen bad. Thanks alot Steve!

great work guys…mark u will have a PM in a minute

cars looking good, steves a good guy, got me insured good to see his cars running good

sounds hot

Is this a “fast” car?

[quote=“Firehawk853,post:14,topic:33953"”]

Is this a “fast” car?

[/quote]

must be!!! :suckoff:

[quote=“BaD AZz Z/28,post:10,topic:33953"”]

Now that its together, I got the bug to pick up another 3rd gen bad. Thanks alot Steve!

[/quote]

dont worry man , when your done with my car youll remember 4th gens > 3rd :))

here are some pics from the other day…
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v198/beanerzz/081307035-1.jpg
and no, this is not chopped…
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v198/beanerzz/081307013.jpg

looks good… just not sure if i like the 80’s “look at me” yellow…

[quote=“LiveRound,post:18,topic:33953"”]

looks good… just not sure if i like the 80’s “look at me” yellow…

[/quote]

This coming from a guy who had a shit brown camaro? :rofl:

whats the plan for the hood? Custom?