Steve's Blown Formula

:tup: blower sounds sweet, keep up the good work guys

Don’t worry getting rid of the 80’s yellow for some new corvette copper. and the hood is just gonna be a regular firebird hood with a hole cut in it and c5 vette rims.

Ok, since i set this shit up for steve, its time for me to throw my review in here.

First off let me just say this is my 100% honest opinion not me trying to be nice or a dick to anyone, my review wouldnt be any different no matter who did the work, as long as it was done the way that it was.

Steve is one of my closest friends so i wanted to see this car come together right so I placed my faith with Mark and Paul.

To be perfectly honest, this car was a fucking basket case. Steve bought some nice parts for it, but even though it had a decent 355, and the start of a nice t56 swap and a blower, the car was a fucking mess overall.

Both myself and Oroc spent a considerable amount of time trying to get it together until we got frustrated to the point where we told steve he would have to go alot farther to get it together and running well with the right parts and right setup.

Enter PM Performance.

Bottom line, no bullshit…you guys did a phenomenal job. Yeah, it took a whle to get done, but considering the fact that we gave you no time limit, and all the plethora of problems that you encountered on the way to making it what it is today, its quite understandable.

But honestly, as fucked as some of the pics from the beginning look, they still do no justice for how solid the car is now compared to how messed up it was when you took it in.

There was just so much to do with this car to begin with, and then when you fixed one problem, another one would pop up in its place, but you guys methodically and efficiently addressed these issues as they came up and got the car to the awesome state that it is today.

Not to mention all the custom fab work that you guys did on the crossmember, exhaust, fixing weird leaks on intake, setting up the clutch pedals that were the incorrect parts for a t56 6 speed swap. I was thoroughly impressed after i gave the car a good close look over.

As for this being a “fast” car, yeah it is…for the owner. Not everyone needs a 600rwhp+ monster. Ive gotten a chance to drive the car myself and it moves very nicely and is an absolute blast to drive. I honestly would be nervous if steve had any more power to handle with this thing, as it already is quite impressive. I mean really, how cool is it to have a 3rd gen fbod, that has a wicked sounding cam at idle, exhaust that rips when youre on it, blower that sounds like a 03-04 cobra’s, and performance to back it up to boot. Its really just a unique ride that is a ton of fun to drive, even if its not the top tier leet street racer that some folks only care about.

Just cruising with steve has been great because seeing him with a huge smile on his face just cruisin down the road is what its all about. For him to say he doesnt want to do anything else because hes so happy with how fast it is as is speaks for itself. :tup:To see how far this car has come along, it feels great, because before we gave it to PM performance, i was beginning to think that it was going to become one of these rig job shitty cars that never really get finished.

Instead its now a suuuuper fun street car thats a blast to cruise in and romp on. So I give a biiig :tup: to PM Performance, for their attention to detail, and all the great work that they did to turn this mess of a car into a great street car. Also, its great that after about a week Mark called and did a follow up with Steve to make sure everything is good, and we took care of a few minor issues that popped up since we took the car back. Keep up the excellent work guys!

And finally, let me just say im not bullshitting here, this is really what i think, i am not doing anyone any favors. i would have the same review if JNJ or or New Era or ANYONE else did the work, as long as it turned out like it did!

Oh and on a side note, it was cool to see the shop cars, regardless of the NYSpeed BS you read on here, its easy to see that when you guys get the time to finish up your own personal toys they will speak loud and clear of what youre capable of on the racetrack :wink:

:tup: thanks guys!

Edit : post up the vid of roastin the tires from a dead stop please :smiley:

Oh and as for the hood, we just picked up a trans am hood that we will cut out to let the blower hang out old school muscle stylez :tspry:

wow, that looks like fun working on at 1st.:ohnoes:

came out great.
want to sell thosue wheels?

[quote=“Studderin,post:24,topic:33953"”]

wow, that looks like fun working on at 1st.:ohnoes:

came out great.
want to sell thosue wheels?

[/quote]

actually he will come fall. PM TESTICLE, im sure you guys can work something out! :tup:

[quote=“FASTMOFO,post:19,topic:33953"”]

This coming from a guy who had a shit brown camaro? :rofl:

[/quote]

hahahahahaahahahaha

Is this car going to hit the track anytime soon? I am curious to see how she runs, sounds awesome!

i remember corey haim and i robbed a bank with one of these back in the day, big :tup: man

[quote=“joelster,post:27,topic:33953"”]

Is this car going to hit the track anytime soon? I am curious to see how she runs, sounds awesome!

[/quote]

Yeah I can’t wait either because it sounds awesome :redface:

[quote=“joelster,post:27,topic:33953"”]

[/quote]

Well, Steve doesnt care about track times, but I do. :lolsign: Im hoping we can hit the track for a few runs at NYI when we get back from our Dallas trip at the end of this month. Im very curious too. I mean, its not gonna set the world on fire, but should move very nicely and definitely be in the 12 second range providing we can get a decent launch out of the shitty cheap all season tires that are on it now. :ohyeah:

Nice Guys! Looks good.

very cool project :tup: looks like it turned out great

that blower sounds bad ass too

hey, till you get the sack to drive your car… shut up :slight_smile:

[quote=“FASTMOFO ,post:26,topic:33953"”]

This coming from a guy who had a shit brown camaro?

[/quote]

ya good work guys, car runs great for steve, i’m tryin to drag him out to that track day on sunday. I gotta line up with him too, NA ls1 vs blown 355. can’t wait!

I thought I’d bump this thread to get an update on this car. I would love to put a 144 or 177 Weiand on my motor. Its the style I’v always wanted.

What kind of rear end and tranny are you useing?

When I being my new job next year I will be looking to get some considerable work done so I’m thinking Mark and Co. would be the best way to go.

well, the cars doing good i am waiting to get it painted soon. rear end is fairly kicked already, it was just a stock 10 bolt that was rebuilt. The tranny is a t56 out of a 96 f body, that is the way to go, and its tons of fun.
Trust me those guys are the way to go, they do EXCELLENT work!!! good luck, oh i am probably getting a strange 12 bolt rear for next year, i hear they are the shit

Ita a transmarobird! Perfect example of the cross breed, camaro rims on a firebird. :tup: lol

[quote=“TESTICLE,post:36,topic:33953"”]

well, the cars doing good i am waiting to get it painted soon. rear end is fairly kicked already, it was just a stock 10 bolt that was rebuilt. The tranny is a t56 out of a 96 f body, that is the way to go, and its tons of fun.
Trust me those guys are the way to go, they do EXCELLENT work!!! good luck, oh i am probably getting a strange 12 bolt rear for next year, i hear they are the shit

[/quote]

Yeah I would love to get a T56 but I think cost wise that I’m going to stick wiith an auto for now. It will make my rear end last a bit longer and allow me to put more money towards supercharging my 383.

PM- came out great guys! good work. the original wiring looked like a real nightmare.

Testicle- http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37387
:slight_smile:

im glad to see you have it done steve… u still owe me that massive burnout in front of my house u promised me :wink:
~Twizted