Steve's Blown Formula

[quote=“StrokedZ28,post:38,topic:33953"”]

Yeah I would love to get a T56 but I think cost wise that I’m going to stick wiith an auto for now. It will make my rear end last a bit longer and allow me to put more money towards supercharging my 383.

[/quote]

10bolts are fine if you keep an auto behind them…

In the past week I have seen 5 fbodys cutting 1.5-1.6 60`s on 10bolts…

[quote=“FormulaLS1,post:41,topic:33953"”]

In the past week I have seen 5 fbodys cutting 1.5-1.6 60`s on 10bolts…

[/quote]

yeah but those wont last long

never trust a 10 bolt. ever

[quote=“anniversaryss,post:42,topic:33953"”]

yeah but those wont last long

never trust a 10 bolt. ever

[/quote]

Uhh ok?

My buddy Jason has been cutting 1.6-1.5 for two years now on his 10bolt…runs 7.5 all day at Lancaster…

Ran into some at NYI with a LT1 cutting 1.6s for two years now…10bolt with 3.73s…

theres a number of other people…

People break 10bolts behind 6spds because the rear end takes a huge hit when you dump the clutch with slack in the drivetrain.

hold on lets get more specific here. People break 10 bolts cause they drive like assholes all the time. MOST people i know who have broken one have been the type to be constantly beating the crap out of their car. As i do but i always nailed it from a roll and my 10 bolt was great and the guy driving around on it currentley has no issues either. People are in such a hurry to go throw a $2k+ rearend in their cars. Man i swear i wish i never did it now im going to sell my car and take a huge hit. 10 bolt FTW

Make sure you get a 12 bolt to get it with C Clip eliminators.In the event you break an axle,at least wont fall out and it provides safety.

9in Ford is another good option,having the ability to swap center sections easily is awesome.Not to mention the strength.

Cool, good to hear the car is running well. My 10 bolt seems to be fine with the hard shifts my motor/tranny seem to put on it.

And Mark if you see this can you PM me an estimate of what you charged to put this car together?

Thanks

Tom

forged 10 bolt with 3.73’s on t56

<3