STM tuned/Buschur built TRBOTAXI is back (round 2)

well what can i say, its been one hell of a headache of a summer for me with my car this year. back in the first week of july i switched the car over from the stock ECU to AEM EMS. while on the dyno when emery was tuning the car my oil pump failed and unfortunately it took the motor with it.

i couldnt of been in better hands between STM and buschur. i got the motor out quick took it back down to ohio to buschur to have david buschur work his magic. turned out the motor had 7 bad valves in the head and the compression was WAY low in 2 cylinders. funny part is the car still went 10.37 on that motor, as well as my intake manifold was cracked too.

fast forward, got the motor back in 3 weeks brand spanking new and didnt hurt my wallet at all. took it to emery this past saturday to finish the tune and i couldnt be happier, im glad i made the switch, this is by far the best my car has ever driven to date, even with the power it makes.

HUGE props to emery and his guys at the shop, they went above and beyond what they ever needed to do for me and i couldnt be happier.

forced performance HTA3586
BR stage 3 motor and head
Fic 2150’s
BR fabricated intake manifold
BF 272 cams
BR fuel rail
BR double pumper
BR race core
BR 3 inch exhaust
BR IC pipes
AEM EMS
BR COP kit.

here are some pictures and video that dave (articzap) put together for me.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v259/psphinx81/DSC_0313.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v259/psphinx81/2011%20evo%20winter%20build/258921_140053472738757_116263491784422_277717_6658790_o.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v259/psphinx81/2011%20evo%20winter%20build/255865_140053492738755_116263491784422_277718_6912949_o.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v259/psphinx81/2011%20evo%20winter%20build/259724_140053539405417_116263491784422_277719_5068045_o.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v259/psphinx81/2011%20evo%20winter%20build/265858_140268786050559_116263491784422_279081_7560390_o.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v259/psphinx81/2011%20evo%20winter%20build/259483_140368922707212_116263491784422_280195_676369_o.jpg

This car drives under it’s own power? I’m calling BS. Thats like seeing a unicorn

Nice :tup:

You found out saturday night while I was slingin fireballs in your face!

:tup: looks like a fun ride.

Congrats

That must have been some other yellow Evo haha

That’s cool congrats, it has to feel awesome to be back on the road again.

Don’t want to screw up your thread, but no longer will I keep quiet though.

It’s probably safe to say that Austin didn’t break numerous things on your car and fail to mention it, then once you tell Emery he replies with “your car is rotted” and “it would cost you extra $” for Austin to mention anything cause of the time it would take to notify you. And how running STM is just a hobby, no profit being made.

Place hasn’t changed. Emery will probably help to fix a mistake to keep his name in the clear but will tell you he bent over backwards for you even though it was they’re fuck up to begin with, then feed you BS about the other mistakes they also made.

Unless you spend a nice amount there, the quality is shit. I didn’t spend enough.

Not that anybody really cares or cared, if you want to hear my STM experience feel free to PM me. Full honest scoop.

Thanks for the write up Paul!

-Em

Northing but great experiences with STM.

Stand up guys, great work.

Your dsm was probably rotted. LOL

So a rotted car should cost the same as a clean one when works being done? Rotted cars are a hell of a lot more work and time.

Big or small, This guy always has an issue with what we do but somehow manages to apologize and come back. Honestly, He is no longer welcome here. Long story short, I am sitting on a 2k part because of this kids lies. He told us we didn’t tighten a drain bolt on his transfer case and all the fluid leaked out so we bought him a new one then took the 4 hour drive to go pick his car up and bring it back to fix it. Once it was back here all the oil magically appeared. What he failed to realize/mention was maybe the new noise was from him changing his tie rod ends a few days before and not doing an alignment after. Funny how a bad alignment can create some tire noise… Why in the world after this experience would we continue to try and help?

Your right Sobo, I had a DSM that was rotted lol. This wasn’t a dsm.

Let the flaming begin, I know where I stand.

No. it should be noted before the work starts, that its going to take extra time due to being a rot box.

However, when you work in a shop, any shop, if you break shit, you fix it, it wasnt broke before you got it, why should it be broken now?

as for STM being a hobby, and not for profit. I got a whole bunch of charity work for you guys. I’ll supply all the parts, since the labors free. Yeah, didnt think so.

You are 100% right. We should have told him his car was a rot box right up front and that a ton of bolts were going to brake. As for us being a nonprofit shop, That’s just BS and more twisting the truth from this kid. Simply put, I told him we were not in business to make millions and lets face it no one gets rich doing this.

I don’t know stm’s view point, but that is not what “not for profit” means, and I’m sure you know that. You should use an example that accurately describes what you are trying describe.

Well I ordered parts first and that experience was shitty. So I bashed you, then thought I may have been wrong shit happens. So I apologized. I then believed in all the hype on Evom with your builds and such. I needed a clutch done so I did my research and figured hey Evom guys are not complaining and I didn’t take into account they spend thousands not $500.00.

The drain bolt was only on finger tight, once I got home I looked under the car seen dripping and felt the plug and it wasn’t tight. I tightend the bolt and just left the car alone then contacted STM. Yeah Emery was gonna fix that problem, about 2 weeks later he comes and picks up car on trailer. Get to shop and yeah barely any fluid is missing from the tcase.

The quality of the work is garbage. The clutch drags, they didn’t even adjust the clutch pedal it was left where I had it with the worn out clutch disk. Broken parts that were not mentioned to me, speed sensor stopped updating correctly. The flywheel inspection plate wasn’t replaced. Then Emery started feeding me BS, like I didn’t know what was going on.

Yeah my car needs an alignment, but I look under my car and found the drain bolt loose. I get paranoid quickly so the new noise and finding the drain bolt loose got to me.

Oh yeah the clutch fork wasn’t sitting correctly either I noticed shortly after, it’s supposed to sit center in the window while clutch isn’t pushed in. YES I KNOW IT’S A PULL STYLE, FORK SAT CENTER BEFORE THEY TOUCHED MY CAR!

HEY EMERY YOU DON’T RECOMMEND ACT CLUTCHES, BUT YOU SELL THEM HMMMMMMMM…

---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

Yeah my car has seen 6 winters, it has rust. I was mad they didn’t mention anything to me. I had find out myself. Emery did you forget how many times you said “YEAH WE FUCKED UP”

I really only blame myself, when I was into dsms I heard lots of negatives. But I thought they changed, I believed in all the evom hype. But those guys spent thousands.

I took this a lesson learned, I don’t want reimbursement just thought the community should know. But I will never forget or forgive STM.

Bottom line is those on here who know me personally, know I’m a honest guy. That’s all that matters.

what the fuck?

I thought this was a build/results/review thread for psphinx to show off some goodies? where the fuck did the rest of this crap come from?

Damn shit is getting heated in here!

Turbotaxi sounds bad ass! Nice work on getting it back together! I bet it’s a blast to drive!

actually no, nothing was broke or missing from my car. ACTUALLY austin had to fix MY fuck up in which emery didnt charge me for or for the product in which he used on my car. emery actually lost money on my car when it was all said and done. im just going to leave it at that before my roid rage kicks in and i blow the fuck up on you, i can write this huge long post but i wont nor do i care at this point.

do me a favor, stop posting in my thread i dont want to see your bullshit in here.

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

welcome to the world of cheap FUCKS of buffalo that own evos…