STI normal running voltage

For those with an STI, what is your voltage at during normal idle and around say 4k rpm?

The past couple days I noticed my STI getting a little sluggish on the start and then today I came back from picking up tires from Gus and when I went to start it back up to put her in my garage the battery was dead. Got it started again with my jumper pack and the running voltage is showing 13.7 at both idle and higher rpms. I’m thinking its just the battery (about 99% sure) but it seems odd that I’m not getting up over 14 while under load.

13.7 seems right for idle

maintenance battery FTL!

What happens to the voltage when u hit 88mph?

some reason these odd lights light up and my flux capacitor goes nuts. lol.

What about higher rpms??

I seem to remember someone say that stock batt was on borrowed time…

Mine’s right at 14.1~14.2 at higher rev’s
13.9 at idle. your voltage seems low. mine almost never drops to 13s unless i have the highbeams/fan on

And that is why I’m 99% sure its the battery. Just wanted to check to see because the voltage seemed low to me for the higher rpms. It could also have just been the battery was still pretty dead. just took it off the trickle charger, but I’ll probably be replacing it tomorrow.

What do you guys recommend for a decent battery. For offroading I always used an optimum yellow top… but what about for these???

Hard to buy a ‘bad’ one unless you’re going as cheap as possible. Even with that said, the WalMart ones are fine. There are like two companies that make batteries, and then they just get marked by the seller

Ok. wasnt sure if there was a specific battery the subaru / STI guys go with. I’ll have to run to advance tomorrow and grab up a battery.

Or consider a mini-setup to drop some weight? Not sure how much I’d trust one in cold temps…

Yea, for the amount I’ll be using this as a DD vs anything that would need the weight loss… I’ll stick with a normal battery… lol.

do not get a adv battery man there junkkkk , go and get a napa good one and it will last . your voltage is normall for a car with a good alt and low batt voltage . bettin after the new batt running volt will be 14 .

Everstart Maxx FTW! Wal-mart gets very high consumer ratings on their batteries for a reason.

that is true , i dont see to many probs wit them either

Sometimes they forget to charge you for the battery and you don’t pay anything at all for it. That’s what happened last time I got one from there.

he’s going to get an optiuma (sp) like he always does

the yellow top and up is a good battery .

• Does the car have underdrive pulleys?
  • Have you cleaned re-seated the grounds?
  • 13.7 is fine. Stop being paranoid!