STi vs EVO and why?

oh I forgot.

E36 M3

/thread

my sisters friend had a 02 Tacoma and the frame cracked in half right under the bed. Truck was obviously totaled right away…

this happened driving down the road. No accidents, hauling anything etc…

:rofl

Evo or a V6 Taco. Either one is a win.

Evo imo.

Oh and Tacoma trucks are TERRIBLE on brakes btw. A good friend of mine from the base has one, and he changes them out about every 7-8K miles. Ridiculous…

Makes me wonder what his driving habits are like :lol

Yeah for real, I can’t imagine just because it’s a Tacoma the brakes are terrible. Basing it off ONE person you know that has one, who could possibly be one of those people that lays on their brakes causing them to wear extremely fast, is asinine.

Reliability is relative IMO. It’s 90% the driver.

All cars have brakes that work in relatively the same fashion. There is a hydraulic caliper, pads, and the rotor. If it’s eating up brakes in 8k, then there’s either a problem with the brakes themselves that should have been fixed (sticking caliper), or it’s the driver’s habits.

Hes not the only one I know that has brake issues with them. Hes 44 years old, and drives the truck like a normal person. The brakes on some of the older models are VERY small for the size of the truck, and its natural that a small brake trying to stop that amount of weight will have less of a life span.

Just putting in my .02 and tryin to help out, but do whatever the fuck ya want. Doesnt bother me 1 bit at the end of the day.

Wrong.

Oops, forgot those new brakes that use Xenon gases to extrapolate the rotating forces of the wheel to bring the vehicle to a safe and controlled stop.

well, i’m biased but i’d go evo.

not a fair comparo but i test drove a new STI hatch and it felt like a slug compared to my evo.

mine is the RS model, bought it from a 40yr old gentelman out in syracuse area. all records, car is mint with the exception of the rock chips on the red. MPg is pretty good i guess. straight highway down to the evo/sti showdown in NJ was 27 mpg and juicin it a lil. plus when i get it tuned the mpg will go up.

i don’t think the interior is “cheap” but its deff not luxurious. its got the leather/alcantara center recaros, the momo streeing wheel is nice. i like it alot.

so with that said, i’d go evo.

:rofl

sti.

im just saying that so there are more evos for me to choose from.

I would choose an evo. I like sti’s though also. They dont drive bad and have a great power band and handle well but when it comes to reliability an evo is the better choice hands down.

Evo hands down.

Evolution 9 MR in Graphite Gray.

As you stated, reliability is all in the driver.

http://www.hspnnews.com/images/uploads/specialeditionevo1.jpg

I’ve owned:

Lightning Yellow 05 Evo VIII GSR
Tarmac Black 06 Evo IX MR
Phamtom Black 08 Evo X GSR

06 STI

STI was cool for like a day, then it blew up, then I realized how much I <3 the Evo and its endless love of abuse. Evo would take anything I would do to it. Laugh at me, love me, and come back for more. Much more rewarding to drive the Evo. I’d buy 3 more Evos before even thinking about another Subaru. My next car will have 4 rings on the front grille, 4 doors, and a V10 though :slight_smile:

anything more and you’re a bitch!

EVO love the new body styles, STIs are nice and all but they are very costly so are EVOs but not as bad but yeah sell me the cobalt :slight_smile: