Sti vs. Evo

honestly, I haven’t had cruise in years…like 7 years , and I never really missed it.

Type-R had no cruise
Civic has no cruise

When u drive the evo, or any turbo car, its much more gratifying and fun to goose the throttle every few seconds…cruise control is so dull and boring :stuck_out_tongue:

Evo, unless you need a some what better DD out of it, then I think the STi is better.

X…

+1

+1

+1

+1

toda is spot on with this one - his final score is +4 :tup:

and why is there no option for something with a LS1?

ive always wanted a s2k too

theres a 03 with 22000 on it for 17k

me in a ls1…

lol

:lol: you’re a southern boy now, right?? embrace something rwd!!!

true…but everyone around me drives bmws and such…

i could always get a lifted truck…lol

s2k + buffalo winters = you need a winter beater = not worth owning an s2000

i dont live in buffalo anymore…i moved to virginia.

wellll in that case u can consider it, but u still get snow down there dont ya

we got like 2 inches so far this year…and its gone so far

i think last year they got a total of like 3 inches or so

once you go awd, you never go back…unless its a money pit civic and u have to!

your call there, s2k’s are fun, and a bit cheaper than used evo’s and sti’s

what happand to the TC?

got into a accident today, hoods smushed, bumpers all off wack, headlights off wack, radiator and shit pushed back, grill ripped off

Yeah, you really cant go wrong with either. In this case, that evo sounds like a good deal but I think it cmes down to what you plan on doing with the car.

If your looking for a more dd than not just buy an STi, go cobb stage 2 and stick with some sound suspension mods and you have a car that can hold its own in any form of light motorsports. A stage 2 STi,is a great value. But then again im sure the evo has its same equivalence, so I guess it would just come down to a matter of reliability to me, which I would give to the STi.

Have an 05 evo and I drive it daily. Some people would not be able to put up with it as a daily, I do not mind at all. Great car all year around for sure.

Evos take pretty well to mods/bolt ons. Especially the 9’s
But its very easy to make great power/handling with bolt ons and not jepordize your reliablity and daily driveablity.

Drive em, see which one is the better deal.

Jeller

Yea im really torn right now, either one will stay stock for a while.

I guess ill find out tomorrow the extent of damage to my car, and see way they say.

If its not totaled i might keep it for a bit and get rid of it once i start my new job.

I hate this mindset.

I like the fact that you can take your car down for 4 months only to await a new year. It builds suspense, and gives you something to look forward to all winter. That and snowboarding.

But back on topic…

?

here’s a different response:

get an evo, all the fags have one :tup:

edit: i guess i’ll actually give some real input, well, the above is true, however not auto related. IMO, i’d find an sti with less miles, however that evo is nearing the 30K mark where typical evo beater owners are starting to have problems, also approaching the 30K maint mark which is a few hundo. Both are out or just about out of warranty so thats a wash. End of the day, the evo is less plush as a DD, in my opinion. If you want to mod it cheaper to make it faster go with the evo, if you’re not going to mod really, go with the STi. Both cars can be cheaply upgraded with exhaust and tune, past that is when you’ll start seeing big differences.