stock sr SMIC BOV setup

i got a ssqv limited black with flange.
i dont have a FMIC yet, so i cant weld it on.
accidentally, i saw someone on utube putting the ssqv on the stock smic.
but i cant see how does he make it work.seems like there is a rubber pipe caming from the bottom…i dont know

anybody give me a hand on this?
thx

There is a metal part of the piping between two large couplers that you can weld it to. All that it would require would be to purchase a new flange when you get your frontmount.

Or you can cut it off then reweld it on.

Mine went into the same position as the stock BOV.

No need to weld anything. I even recirculated it using the stock hose.

can u be more specific plz? i wanna do this my self. thx
oh btw, sr sounds like it has a stock bov or bpv, i can hear the sound , but i dont know which part is it…

The OEM location of the stock BOV is near the battery. Its bolted onto the body with I think 2 10mm. Rip it all out and all you need to do is align the BOV so that the vacuum line will reach and you use the hose that was supplied with the BOV or cut up the OEM one to fit. You can run it to the atmosphere if you’d like. I didn’t have any problems other than running extremely rich between shifts and a bit of lag.

If you still have questions I can take pictures later on.

please do that,
and btw, u from windsor?
i have a chinese frd in windsor, he has a WRX swapped in JDM twin scroll sti engine .
u know him?

haha Stanley? Ya I know him. Sold him some studs not too long ago and we’re going to Cayuga on the 18th.

I’ll try and get some pictures for you probably tomorrow during the day time cause my camera sucks.

Did you only get a BOV or did you buy the S14 kit?

My HKS kit came with all the necessary hoses.

http://www.gonrad.com/200907/dscf1843.jpg
http://www.gonrad.com/200907/dscf1844.jpg

i only got the ssqv with the flange…
and my battary is not relocated.

Go to a shop and get it put on.

No offense but it seems to me like you have no idea whats going on and will most likely fuck shit up if you try and do it yourself.

Call SG-Motorsports, they’ll take good care of you.

there is no \jdm shop in ottawa tho
other wise i would love to do it my self.=(

It doesn’t necessary need to be a JDM shop. I’m sure theres a performance shop somewhere.

They’ll remove your old BOV and put in the HKS.

Its really not to difficult to remove the old set up and put the new one. Plug up the stock BOV and mount the new one on the charge pipe, reroute the vacuum hoses and call it a day.

To many people, that makes so much sense and is simple…to some people it’s complete gibberish and unless you show them in person, physically, it’ll reamian gibberish.

OP: No offense, but from reading some of your posts, you’d be better off listening to Dark ManX. If you’re ever in TO and want to learn more about your car in person, I’d be glad to meet up and walk you through the basics.

edit: I mean Mr. X.