stock turbo = melted

well yesterday just driving around not even in boost only like 5 psi when it came out of boost i looked back and it looked like i was fogging for masquitoes. i think the stocker went down? but it still makes the same boost and all psi levels in motor are all the same so i don’t think it is a ring. i really have no idea because there is no shaftplay in the stocker at all?

do the head gaskets hold up on srts?

compression check

what color smoke?

Do you have any oil in your intercooler pipes?

it’ll smoke like hell at idle and when pulling out if you fried the turbo. Take off your downpipe/ 02 housing. If there is oil in it then the turbo is kicked, that is if all 4 cylinder pass the compression check. My car blew more oil when the turbo died then when I burnt a piston.

the smoke was blueish and smelled like burning oil?

compresion is stock in all cylinders

there is oil in my intercooler piping but that is how it’s been since i bought the car with 11 miles on it

no smoke at idle and no oil in the o2 housing or downpipe

junk it and buy a chevy! :blue:

is there a bunch of oil residue in your exhaust tip? (like a lot) My old GS-T did the same thing when the stock turbo popped.

lol. SRTs always have oil in their hotside pipe… the cars are just like that.

how do the coolant/oil lines look near the turbo?

-8Grand(keep forgeting to log her name out)

ever figure out what was wrong with it? I saw you least week in Perry and it wasnt smoking? Oil seal in turbo?

i can fix it i will tint the windows 5% and then u cant see it

never figured it out but it quite and now it runns stronger than ever?

when that happins,means its ready to go KABOOOOOM

no i think it is because i took off the manual boost controler and now am controling the boost from the wastegate